Linking dlna to multiple interfaces

glade

Hello @@All,

Currently the DLNA is only bound to the first found interface.

For the web interface all interfaces are bound. Is there a way to bind DLNA to all interfaces or even better to specify the binding interfaces?

I have tested it. On the one hand there is always only the binding of an interface in the logfile, on the other hand dlna clients can not find any servers in the second subnet. I then swapped the interfaces once - after that only the other clients from the second subnet see the server. Although the UDP port is bound to the address 0.0.0.0 - but apparently only on the first bound interface. The web interface is defently bind to all interfaces.

Also, no announcement messages are sent to the second interface.

I have tested it. On the one hand there is always only the binding of an interface in the logfile, on the other hand dlna clients can not find any servers in the second subnet. I then swapped the interfaces once - after that only the other clients from the second subnet saw the server. Although the UDP port is bound to the address 0.0.0.0 - but apparently only on the first bound interface. The web interface in turn was tied to all interfaces. Also, no announcement messages are sent to the second interface.

Hello Luke,

i testet also a new container installation - defently only the fist interface is bind to dlna.

<SNIP>

2019-03-19 19:08:36.243 Info Dlna: Registering publisher for urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1 on 192.168.188.57
2019-03-19 19:08:36.249 Info Dlna: Registering publisher for urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1 on fe80::a8ac:dcff:fe6a:2e0a%128
</SNIP>

This is the fist interface. The second interface (eth1) have 192.168.255.234 as ip.

embyserver.txt

• 2 months later...
Sorceror

Hello,
it seems that this problem is very similar to the one I described earlier, but there is no comment in the original thread since last year.
Emby uses only the default interface for DLNA, in my case it is wan connection.
So on my local network I don't see any DLNA devices nor can I connect to the emby DLNA server.

glade

In my tests, emby use the first finding interface for dlna.

@@Luke

There is no other adresses to see for dlna - only the fist interface. Web-Interfaces are bind muliply.

• 2 weeks later...

In my tests, emby use the first finding interface for dlna.

@@Luke

There is no other adresses to see for dlna - only the fist interface. Web-Interfaces are bind muliply.

What platform are you running Emby Server on?