Nvidia Shield playback stopping on one account

dancaswell

11 hours ago, leitenky said:

I submitted a log again at 9:36pm Aug 16th. here is my server log too    

media playing was a 1080p h264 wth DTS 5.1

embyserver.txt 3.06 MB · 0 downloads

Can you please describe exactly what you did and what happened during that log?  All I can see in the log is you entering a detail screen for a movie then backing out of that screen and sending the log.  I do not see playback.

Due to how Android "rolls off" data in these logs, we need it sent immediately after the problem occurs - and then it helps greatly if you describe exactly what happened.

Thanks.

leitenky

It's the same problem I have been trying to show above.  I was playing a video and all of a sudden it stops playing, and returns you to the details screen. A small notification pops up saying "no playable media".

The second this happened I hit back a couple times and sent the log from the home screen.  There was literally no way I could possibly do it any faster lol

leitenky

No pl

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Is that exactly what the message says?

Sorry "no playable items" is the message in a little bubble at the bottom of the screen

7 minutes ago, leitenky said:

No pl

Sorry "no playable items" is the message in a little bubble at the bottom of the screen

That is happening during playback?  That message appears at the start of playback if an empty list of items is provided.  Not sure how it could get there during playback... unless maybe Android is shutting down and restarting the activity or something.

leitenky
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

That is happening during playback?  That message appears at the start of playback if an empty list of items is provided.  Not sure how it could get there during playback... unless maybe Android is shutting down and restarting the activity or something.

So yeah basically what happens is at any point during random media play back. Go back to the details page for that movie or TV show and at the bottom of the screen I'll see that no playable items message. Then all I have to do is hit play and it resumes sometimes it'll last for an hour or two before it happens again other times it'll be 5 or 10 minutes later. 

I can replay a media file that stopped at a certain time and it won't stop at the same time the next time

Is something modifying the file system?  What is the pooling solution?

The following is the sequence of events.  Cannot be a coincidence.  Something is disrupting access to the file it seems...

2020-08-16 21:36:40.291 Debug LibraryMonitor: New file refresher created for D:\video\Movies\Once Upon a Time in Venice (2017)\Once Upon a Time in Venice (2017) (Bluray-1080p).mkv
2020-08-16 21:36:40.292 Info HttpServer: SocketException: http://192.168.1.253:8096/emby/videos/112059/stream.mkv?DeviceId=38fd9663256894ca&MediaSourceId=9b7c21bfe44f0466c9c0e4ccfdd85aed&Static=true&PlaySessionId=7c5c5f04d1db4dea94535369b5a73e34&api_key=

leitenky

I am using a program called drive pool I've been using it for probably a year now with no problem. It should not be modifying the file system unless it's like 3 a.m. or something like that if I remember correctly but I'll look into that and report back

leitenky

I took a look and it did appear that my pooling solution settings changed (possibly during an update) to balance "immediately". I have corrected this and will follow up in a week or two with if it fixed my problem.  

It looks like it may have been balancing drive capacities while media files were playing causing the playback to stop.  

Thanks for all the help so far!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, leitenky said:

I took a look and it did appear that my pooling solution settings changed (possibly during an update) to balance "immediately". I have corrected this and will follow up in a week or two with if it fixed my problem.  

It looks like it may have been balancing drive capacities while media files were playing causing the playback to stop.  

Thanks for all the help so far!

Yes, that would definitely do it as the pooling system could actually move that file to a different location.