Nvidia Shield playback stopping on one account

dancaswell

Coxeroni

It was direct playing for sure, so maybe. This issue normally only occurs once per movie/episode if at all. Will try to reproduce this evening.

Coxeroni

Just recreated it. The wife claims it usually happens after 15 minutes of the episode. I attached the except of the log just before and after, as well as the full log.

I can upload the client log in some minutes, when the episode is finished.

Just uploaded the client log at 21:26 CET.

log-excerpt.txt

Log.txt

Edited by Coxeroni

dancaswell

For what it's worth, I still am having issues with this, but, I don't get this issue on my kids account any longer, but my main account get's it pretty much once per title.

Everything I play is direct streamed. I'll give it a go with transcoding for a few days and see what happens. 

Coxeroni

Damn, forgot about forcing the transcode... Gotta do it next time.

Edit: Used play correction on the same file and same user and it didn't stop as before.

So this means this is due to a confirmed bug in the shield firmware that nVidia hopefully fixes sometime soon?

Edited by Coxeroni

So this means this is due to a confirmed bug in the shield firmware that nVidia hopefully fixes sometime soon?

Yes.  There is a hotfix supposedly available by request via the Nvidia forums.

Coxeroni

Ok nice to know. I guess I will wait for an official update and either simply restart the file when it failed or correct playback upfront. But it already helps to know that it is an acknowledged bug, so thanks again for helping and clearing things up.

Coxeroni

Yes.  There is a hotfix supposedly available by request via the Nvidia forums.

I had a look a look around the GeForce forums, but I didn't anything related to this. Would you mind sharing a link to this or how to apply this hotfix?

Edit: Had a second look, I guess it is this thread: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1091469/shield-tv/shield-plex-playback-issues-on-7-2/

I try to acquire the test image.

Edited by Coxeroni

• 1 year later...
leitenky

Sry to rehash an old topic but in the last month this has started to become a real problem for me. i submitted a log on the app today and here is my server logsembyserver.txt

It does not appear to be user related and the issue does not happen consistent intervals (eg every 10 minutes)

Any help is greatly appreciated if i need to start a new thread please let me know. Also please not  i just sent another log from the second user on my server

Edited by leitenky

Hi. Are you using the tube Shield?  I believe there is a known defect in its firmware.

leitenky

No I am using a 2017 shield.  I've submitted a few logs through the shield TV app using different accounts and I seem to have the same problem

Does this happen only with a particular media item or type of item?  Can we see the media info for one of the problem items?

Thanks.

leitenky

It does not seem dto be with a particular media type. 

The one video was1080p h264 DTS 5.1. the other was several episodes of a show at 1080p hevc with aac 5.1 audio.  I've been keeping an eye for media formats but nothing seems to stand out as a driver for the issue.  

leitenky

It seems restarting the server the shield will buy some time (eg 45minutes) but a movie can stop a dozen times 

leitenky

Another update i have removed the trakt tv and cinema intro plugins.  And have gone a couple hours now with no issues.

Is there any chance these could be causing a problem? I've made it an hour now without issue.   I have debug on on my server now too so if it happens again I will follow up with more logs

1 hour ago, leitenky said:

we guess i was too optomistic. I have submitted a log on my emby app and here is my debug log from the server embyserver.txt

You need to mention the time and username that was logged in so a dev can find it.

leitenky
3 hours ago, cayars said:

You need to mention the time and username that was logged in so a dev can find it.

It was posted as username leitenky at 1030am today when I posted the server log file. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, leitenky said:

It was posted as username leitenky at 1030am today when I posted the server log file. 

Thank you. @ebr will take a look at this and let you know what he thinks.

Hi.  I cannot see any playback in the log you sent.

Can you play an item and send the log right after the problem occurs?

Thanks.

leitenky

I grabbed those logs about 1 minute after the error occured. I will try and catch it.  Do I need to do something differently?