Suggestions

Mklitgaard

Mklitgaard

Hi there.

I am running Emby version  4.0.2.0 on a Ubuntu 18.04

Firts let me tell that i am very happy with Emby, cannot complaint.

But I wanna ask about some small details:

1. when i open a movie library and i choose genre, i only see genre from that library.

i live outside US and many people like to have subtitles,and i do not wanna mix content,

subtitle and no subtitles, then i also have alot other librarys, so people need to go in a specific

library, look into genre, for each library, why arent there one genre for all librarys on the main site,

Is there a way i can manually change the front menu so i can have Home Favorite and the Genre

for all content.

2. what about if users where able to repport movies not working, with a lots of content that would be nifty.

3. I dont wanna start a tread about the ip restriction, i jus wanna ask, if thats something Emby is working at, i know alot people did ask in other treads, it sure would be nice to hear what future brings, i cannot give people acces and trust that people do not share there username, i have limits on my internet, and wanna be sure that only people who i allow access actually use the system, if any in here have suggestions, for what i seek, i would apriciate it very mutch, it could be a 3th way solution aswell.

Thanks.

Edited by Mklitgaard

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Regarding genres, I think something like that will be possible down the road when we have smart views/playlists.

3. I dont wanna start a tread about the ip restriction, i jus wanna ask, if thats something Enby is working at, i know alot people did ask in other treads, it sure would be nice to hear what future brings, i cannot give people acces and trust that people do not share there username, i have limits on my internet, and wanna be sure that only people who i allow access actually use the system, if any in here have suggestions, for what i seek, i would apriciate it very mutch, it could be a 3th way solution aswell.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what other conversations have happened around this - perhaps it is the combination of username and IP limiting that you are interested in.

If it is just IP restrictions, and you are on Ubuntu, then https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-firewall-with-ufw-on-ubuntu-18-04#specific-ip-addresses will help you limit which IPs can connect to our servers on the emby ports.

Mklitgaard

Hi Again 

Sry i dint make myself clear enough, yes you are right its the combination of username and IP limiting that im interested in,

i know i can use UFW and restrict all via ufw allow/deny ip, but if you have alot people online, and they use DDns, that would be a pretty hard job,

think about changing 100 peoples ip manually everythime your ISP change IPs, here it happens atleast 3 times a week.

With a limited IP and username Emby would actually be the Tool i need, for now i have a 500/500 Gigabit Fiber connection, thats not enough

for this kinda people, soon i will have 1000/1000 but thats the limit, if people start to share username with friends, i cannot do mutch from here,

thats what i wish to avoid somehow, i bought a supermicro dual Epyc  32 cores/64 treads  2*10GB controller with 128 gb, so my hardware is ok.

currently setting everything up ty.

Edited by Mklitgaard

Mklitgaard

Hi Schmitty ty for your solution, i allready use fail2ban, still huge job to ban people, and how do you actually

make sure that you ban the right people, Isp change ips freequently every week, i could by accident ban the wrong user,

and  they might complaint, im looking for a permanent solution,

with fail2ban it would take me hours every day,

time i would like to spend on other Things, a plugin with limitation on users ip would be a dream scenario,

i would love to restrict users for 2 ips 

or just one single for that matters

ips should be allowed to change, becaurse of ddns,changes freekquently, and if you keep user Down to two ips, and lets say

third ip logon, he would be blocked Automatic,

this would prohibit giving account username away to second part.

I am not the right man to make a plugin, but if any have that skill, i think this would be something, not only me but 

the entire Emby community could use, it surdently would be a awesome upgrade for Emby.

Ty.

Edited by Mklitgaard

Mklitgaard

To answer my own topic this looks like a option for ubuntu:

/sbin/iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --syn --dport 80 -m connlimit \      --connlimit-above 2 -j DROP

This should limit every ips to 2 logins per ip on entire server, i  would still love to see it Integrated in Emby

Edited by Mklitgaard

schmitty

What about banning a device from the devices page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mklitgaard

No i dont wanna ban a bunch of ips, i just wants max two users per user logged in at the same time, the iptables ive came up with will not Work with users in Emby, so its pretty mutch worthless.

Mklitgaard

Yes i do know i can ban by device, but that is not my intention, you can ban in many different ways, also from server,

what i would love, is a user get max use of two ip adresses, if more people try to log in they would then be  get bloaked until one user is online.

and one ip are free

So basiclly users alloved to use max two ips all the time, if a house hold have five ips, they can still only logon with two.

This will prevent users for giving away there account and password, as they need it themself.

As it is now people can just give friends and Family there login and i could have 30 ips from same user but with  different ips.

if all users do the same big problem.

Mklitgaard

Thanks for info Luke apriciated very mutch, good to know that there is a plan for this in the future, keep the good work up.