DTS HD Master Codec

bnwbass

bnwbass

Hello all,

What are most folks using as a player to playback audio formats DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD?

Is there a plugin for MCE or is the only way to go with external 3rd party Player?

Thx

bw

AdrianW

I think most people will be bitstreaming the HD audio formats to an AV receiver.

So all that's required is to configure ffdshow or LAV to bitstream.

bnwbass

Thanks...MBT with the installed  LAV works fine and my AV and decodes no problems.  Can I configure the same LAV used for MBT to work the internal WMC player for media browser classic or do I need to install ffdshow? 

thx

bw

If you've installed LAV with MBT then it should also work with the internal WMC player.  That's all I have installed.

bnwbass

Well maybe I have other issues then, I typically use MBC for playback and historically using TMT5 for external.  I want to get away from TMT as the player.

When I launch a DVD file from MBC the playback starts for about 10 seconds and then closes and goes back to the MBC theme screen.

I have uninstalled all external players and reinstalled MBC but get the same result.  How do I do a complete uninstall on MBC and start from fresh install of MBC?

I don't think the MBC installation will have much effect on that.  Sounds like a content or codec problem.

But, you would just un-install it and then delete the ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic folder.