Metadata not being loaded from edited NFO files

cowhead

cowhead

I've been trying to edit the episode order for one of my shows (Farscape) but so far haven't been having any luck... I tried following the instructions in the following post:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46289-how-do-i-re-order-a-multi-season-tv-series-to-match-dvd-or-other-order/

...but it doesn't seem to be working. I've manually edited the NFO files but Emby seems to be ignoring them. I've tried various combinations of resetting the server, scanning my library, and refreshing the metadata in the Metadata Manager. The episodes are still showing up in the default order as downloaded from TVDB. Perhaps I'm not understanding how metadata and NFO files work in Emby? Should I be manually changing the metadata in the Metadata Manager? I'll do that if I have to but it would be a pain and, if that's the case, what's the point of the NFO files?

I've included a screenshot and one of the relevant NFO files in case that helps.

Thanks in advance!

post-203908-0-55804200-1552794605_thumb.png

Farscape.S01E02.I, E.T..nfo

Hi, try editing your nfo files and then running a library scan, or just edit from within emby directly. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

cowhead

Thanks for responding so quickly! I've done several library scan already, as well as refreshing metadata at the show, season, and episode level in the Metadata manager, and restarted emby server. So far, no luck!

When you say edit from within Emby, you mean manually enter the info in the Metadata manager? I haven't done that yet but I'll give it a try next. I was hoping to avoid that but if that's the solution I'll do it!

Is there some setting that should be enabled or disabled in the order for info to be loaded from the NFOs? I was poking around but didn't see anything...

What exactly are you expecting to happen? the data in the nfo looks about the same to me.`

cowhead

The episode should be titled and have the associated metadata for "I, E.T." not "Exodus from Genesis." As you can see, the episode name is "I, E.T." in the NFO file and the actual filename of the video, but within Emby it is still showing "Exodus from Genesis" in the title field which is not what I am looking for.

Thanks again!

cowhead

Nevermind! It's fixed! I removed my Farscape folder from my TV folder, rescanned, returned it, scanned again, and now everything seems to be showing up as it should. Don't know why that didn't occur to me earlier! :-P

Sorry for the bother! But thanks for the speedy responses. :-)