Features?

rliepins

rliepins

Hi there

So I was watching Live TV last night via my Shield client and caught a show mid-way through.  My wife asked if I can find a repeat of the same show to catch the beginning.  in the WMC days, we simply went into the details of the show and scrolled to the 'other showings' tab and it gave us a nifty way of recording  the whole show later.

As that didn't work, I thought I would search (which didn't work for the guide) and then thought about looking at the schedule for the channel itself.  But I couldn't find how to display the guide for just one channel.

Are there such features or are similar ones planned for the guide or Live TV?

Thanks

• Like 1

rliepins

Ah, I found how to view the guide for a channel in the web client.  Perhaps it is a deficiency in the Android client.  Another issue I had on my Shield is that I tried scrolling to future shows in a channel, but after a few hours in the future, the guide barfed on me and reset all the way back to the first channel in the list.  Ugh...

• Like 1

Hi.  Can you explain why search didn't work?  That should have returned all showings of the program.

Sammy

Not a manual search but rather a one click search to automatically parse the guide for any future showings. WMC had, still has, this by clicking the direction down button and selecting Future Showings right while the current showing is playing.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Sammy

Either way, if it isn't on in the next 13 to 14 days it won't show up in a search.

Sammy

This is something that we will be adding. thanks.

Love the resposiveness.. Thanks again, Luke!

In general, replicating WMC DVR is highly desirable.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Not a manual search but rather a one click search to automatically parse the guide for any future showings. WMC had, still has, this by clicking the direction down button and selecting Future Showings right while the current showing is playing.

I understand what you want, but I would like the OP to answer the question of why he couldn't find the programs when he did the search.

Either way, if it isn't on in the next 13 to 14 days it won't show up in a search.

Nor would it show up no matter what we implement.  If it isn't in the guide data, we won't know about it.

• Like 1

Sammy

The reason I answered such is that I showed my wife the general search capabilities of Emby and she said, "No, I know about that but I should be able to find it right here like I used to do with my old DVR", referring to WMC and Uverse before that. Sidebar, little does she know thar Uverse procured and modified the WMC DVR from Microsoft as their DVR's were Windows Embedded..

And agreed if it's outside a couple of weeks it won't show but that brings up another thing WMC and Uverse DVR did well, Keyword search where you can add to the schedule even if it isn't in the epg. Another feature to incorporate!

Now, less I digress too far, it is an important question as to why th OP didn't find it manually searching. It could be outside the epg data, misspelling of search terms or something else. Good question tha does need an answer to feret out what may have gone wrong.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

rliepins

Apologies - user error on the search.  All works.  The Shield is new to the wife and there were communication issues.  Search works great - even in the guide!

Now about that channel specific lineup, I see you mentioned it would be a future addition.  Thanks for that!

Is there an option to obtain other showings of a program?

Again, sorry about the late response.

Is there an option to obtain other showings of a program?

Ultimately we plan to group them so that when you click on one you will see all the showings.