MB Intros Problem

JeremyFr79
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

JeremyFr79

I have Intros setup to do the following....

Play 2 New Trailers from Trailer Plugin

Play a local intro file

Play Sound Intro file

The problem I am having is that instead of playing 2 trailers from the trailer plugin, it plays 2 random files from my demo trailers or intro's folders on my server.  it then progresses to play the intro file and the sound file correctly.

Any Ideas?  I have completely wiped out server and reinstalled and re-set it up.  So this is a fresh install of server at this point.  

JeremyFr79

Server Version 3.0.5242.39847

Intros Version 1.0.2.2

Trailers Version 1.0.5235.42492

I would have posted logs, but neither seemed to have anything useful.

At first I thought it was because I had re-organized the structuring of my drives/shares on my server but even after a full wipe and fresh install the problem persists.  and it happens no matter which client or PC I use on my network.  If you want I can give layout a breakdown of folder structures etc.

Actually it's probably because of channels. You'll have to wait until they're available to intros again. If this is a problem remove the plugin and reinstall the official server release from the website.

So the upcoming trailers are just no longer a part of the library, so searches within the library for them aren't going to work?

Even if that is the case, I'm not sure why we're getting other items.  Are there now other items that are resolved as trailers within the library?

No, nothing else should be different. regular videos could resolve as trailers, but only if it's setup as Trailers folder type. Searches for trailers in the library won't work but i'll give you a way to get them from channels.

regular videos could resolve as trailers, but only if it's setup as Trailers folder type.

I'm sure that's what is happening here...

JeremyFr79

Actually it's probably because of channels. You'll have to wait until they're available to intros again. If this is a problem remove the plugin and reinstall the official server release from the website.

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound stupid here but "channels"?

JeremyFr79

No, nothing else should be different. regular videos could resolve as trailers, but only if it's setup as Trailers folder type. Searches for trailers in the library won't work but i'll give you a way to get them from channels.

I do believe they are setup as trailer folder types.  I could change them to other.

• Solution

I'm sorry I don't mean to sound stupid here but "channels"?

It is a change in the server dev release that Intros is going to have to react to.  If you want Intros to continue to work properly, you'll have to go back to the public release.

• Like 1

JeremyFr79

Ok, so based off what you guys had said, I changed the folder type to Home Movies, Intro's still played 2 random items out of my folder labeled "demo trailers" even though that folder was not setup as a monitored folder in server at that point.

I then renamed "Demo Trailers" to "Other" and tried again.

After renaming the folder it now just freezes and doesn't play anything.

JeremyFr79

It is a change in the server dev release that Intros is going to have to react to.  If you want Intros to continue to work properly, you'll have to go back to the public release.

Doing that now

JeremyFr79

Reverted back to Public release and this resolved it.  Still perplexing where it was pulling files from a folder that had Trailers in the name, even when it was no longer a monitored folder.

During dev cycles I break things, and then I put them back together before it reaches the public. so if you're getting all of these in-progress builds while that's going on, you can expect those kinds of things to occur.

• Like 1