Library location change - .nfo files?

utisz

I would like to change the library hard drive, and I don't want to re-cache all metadata, as it can take a lot of time.

I already have the option to save images and metadata saved in folders checked, however, I realize that the .nfo files include absolute paths rather than relative paths. Here is an example

<art>
    <poster>H:\MyMovies\Movie Name\poster.jpg</poster>
    <fanart>H:\MyMovies\Movie Name\fanart.jpg</fanart>
  </art>

So when I switch the folder to H:/AllMovies, or another hard drive, K:/Movies - all of the links are broken in saved metadata.

This seems like a problem to me and I would love to know the way to solve this, as I will need to move my whole library to a new hard drive.

Hi, this won't be a problem for Emby as it doesn't read those paths, it only writes them for other applications to utilize. 

But yes that is a good point regarding relative paths, we should look at doing that.

Just realized, when I right click and refresh a single movies metadata while "replace all existing images" option is checked, the <poster> and <fanart> contents are replaced with a url rather than a static HD location.

I believe there is a bug there, as, I don't change my options to use the saved/downloaded images, but just did a refresh.

Ideally, it would be much better for .nfo files to have relative paths such as <poster>../poster.jpg</poster> and when refreshed, rather than replacing the tag contents with a URL it would be much better to just replace the images if the "Save artwork into media folders" setting is checked in the "Show Advanced Settings" of a library - like my setting.

Maybe I'm missing something here but this seems like a bug to me.

You have to enable the advanced option to download images in advance, if you really care about this. This will result in slower library scans.

Otherwise the images are not downloaded until needed by Emby apps. This is why the .nfo only gets a url.

Yes, that's what I mean.

That option is enabled. When I do a full library scan, the absolute paths are added to the meta tags such as <poster>

However when right clicked to a movie, and refresh metadata - it replaces those absokute paths with URL's, no matter if that "download images in advance" option is enabled or not.

Hm, it's actually as I described.

Right clicking a movie and resreshing metadata changes the local file adresses with url's, no matter what settings are used in library metadata caching..