Multi Versions problem

deiniol39

deiniol39

I have certain files that will not appear as 4k first using the Coverart plugin.

example

Thor Ragnarok (2017)\Thor Ragnarok (2017) - 4k Bluray.mkv

Thor Ragnarok (2017)\Thor Ragnarok (2017) - 1080p Bluray.mkv

But Wonder Woman one, work fine.

Wonder Woman (2017)\Wonder Woman (2017) - 4k Bluray.mkv

Wonder Woman (2017)\Wonder Woman (2017) - 1080p WEBDL.mkv

It's a pain because they then don't appear when you try and use the filter option, I had the idea of been able to great a all movies group then filtering to show on 4k movies. Save me having to split them out and creating a new folder then grouping them.

The metadata also links to the 1080p file and not the 4k one

5c8a71959a225_Annotation20190314152126.p 5c8a72a9c0686_Annotation20190314152307.p

Please any idea's

PenkethBoy

you can add the TAG

ca-uhd

to the metadata for an item and coverart will treat it as UHD (4k)

although its a manual process

deiniol39

You still can't filter the video type though, which is the same. Thanks for the Tag though that works a treat.

Any idea's why it's picking the 1080 file first. I have even let emby find just the 4k file first then added the 1080p file later and it reverts back to 1080p after the next scheduled scan

Hi.  When you have multiple resolutions of the same item, I think the version that is used for the item-level resolution is still somewhat undefined.  This is something we need to refine.

Thanks.

deiniol39

Just one more quick one. What are the plans for adding filters into the Android app on Nvidia Shield? Didn't notice until last night that it wasn't a feature.. :-(

D

Just one more quick one. What are the plans for adding filters into the Android app on Nvidia Shield? Didn't notice until last night that it wasn't a feature.. :-(

D

Hi.  The primary filters of "Favorite" and "Unwatched" are there.  We will be adding more in the future.

Thanks.

deiniol39

The one I need now is the tag one. After adding the ca-uhd fix to my cover art. Any change getting it on to the beta, i'm using that..

D

schmitty

I didn’t know about ca-uhd tag. Are there also tags do bluray, dvd, hd and sd and 3D?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can label multi-version movies however you like. The server doesn't do anything with those labels besides display them in the version selection box.

Aussiedroid

You can label multi-version movies however you like. The server doesn't do anything with those labels besides display them in the version selection box.

Hey @@Luke,

I noticed in the last (or perhaps the update prior?) that the order displayed for multiple versions seems to have changed. Previously, it appeared presumably to go in alphabetical order (or at least the higher resolution defaulting first - not sure if any logic determining order), but now it seems to have reversed.

An example of my naming convention would be:

Inception (2010) [uHD] - HDR 10bit [2160p] [DTS-HD].mkv

and 

Inception (2010) [uHD] - SDR 8bit [1080p] [DTS].mkv

Previously, this (as with my other movies) would show the HDR 4k version first then the SDR 1080p selectable from the list. Now it is the other way around across all movies.

Would be awesome if it defaulted to the best quality/resolution first regardless of how they are named.

Thank you,

AD

It most likely will not auto-select that. You'll need to pick that one if that's what you want.

• 5 months later...
vdatanet

Hi,

I've some movies available in HD and UHD. Applying your naming conventions it works fine. But CoverArt renders some items in HD and other in UHD. So I've decided to apply de ca-UHD tag. But I have one issue:

In "Recently added movies", The primary image is displayed correctly:

5d5d6d48cb96b_Anotacin20190821181135.jpg

Detail screen it's also correct:

5d5d6c96ced81_Anotacin20190821180830.jpg

But, in movie list in web app, it's not correct:

5d5d6d041de9c_Anotacin20190821181010.jpg

It seems that the ca-UHD tag is not applied in the movie list.

vdatanet

The database query is probably just picking up the bluray version.

I've cleared the browser cache and still shows bluray image. In iOS application it shows the 4K image and in the web app in other computer shows 4K Image. So, I guess it's a browser cache issue.

vdatanet

The database query is probably just picking up the bluray version.

I confirm it's a browser cache issue. If I apply ca-UHD tag using Edge refreshing the browser, the 4K image is applied. On the other hand, Chrome keeps applying the first image even refreshing.