Wrong Created & Modified Date

atomicmoon
Go to solution Solved by atomicmoon,

atomicmoon

I've been having an ongoing issue within Windows 10 with my files and their created/modified date. 

I can't pinpoint if it's Emby or Filebot, but wanted to at least see if I could get some clarification, and rule one or the other out.

When I download anything that ends up in Emby, the file created and modified date are being shown as last year.

Windows 10 is displaying the correct time and date.

The dates are sequential. Meaning, today's date for me locally is, March 14 2019. Everything I download today will be shown as November 6 2018. Tomorrow it will show as November 7 2018 and so on.

This issue is not the end of the world by any means, but it is incredibly annoying if I try to sort by date in Windows. The last known accurate date was, January 23 2019. After that, "something" happened.

I'm using the same Filebot program and script on 4.7.9 that I always have since 2017.

The only reason I even lean towards the fact that Emby might be involved is that all my artwork and metadata reflect this previous dates. To the best of my knowledge, Emby is gathering all of these items.

I'm attaching a few screenshots as well as my log. I just downloaded "District 9" (downloaded at 12:49:11am today) as to replicate this issue in the server log. If there's any other logs that can help, please reply with which to attach.

Here is the script that filebot uses:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "//192.168.86.2/Home" --action duplicate --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.excludes unsorted=y music=y artwork=y "ut_dir=%F" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L"

The original files that download, have the correct date. It's when they are moved to their proper media folder that they obtain this false previous date, and then all metadata and artwork reflect the "fake date" as well.

Again, this might be no fault of Emby's, and I don't want to use this forum as a general tech support, but I wanted to start here and see if anyone recognizes the issue. I did a forum search, but the syntax of my issue is pulling in a lot of false results.

I can provide any additional information upon request that may help clear this up.
Thank you for any and all support with this!

post-3919-0-66181900-1552540373_thumb.png

post-3919-0-05002100-1552540379_thumb.png

post-3919-0-40461100-1552540418_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

post-3919-0-39445700-1552540776_thumb.png

Edited by atomicmoon

dansblackcat

Have you checked the time in your bios and also in your router?

atomicmoon

Bios clock is correct, and system time zone is accurate. Everything else on my system shows accurate modified and creation dates and times. it's something in the automated moving process. The original downloads are correct, but once they make it into my media folders, they go back in time. 
I would solely blame Filebot, if my artwork and metadata didn't also reflect the incorrect dates. That's what is making this so bizarre and hard to pinpoint what's mucking it up.

dansblackcat

What if you turn off emby server and copy a file over?  Do the dates get messed up?

Also are you copying to or from an external drive?

atomicmoon

Thank you both for your feedback and suggestions! 
After mulling it around and looking into it more, it appears that this is on Filebot's end and not Emby.

If you could rate my logic with feedback I'd appreciate it!
The parent folder of the new media is created by Filebot, therefore the parent folder with the incorrect date which corresponds to the incorrect date of the nfo and artwork (created by Filebot also) points all issues back to.....Filebot.

I don't have a solution as of yet, but feel a bit victorious in pinpointing my culprit.  

• Solution
atomicmoon

Turns out, Dansblackcat was on to it from the get go. It's my stupid NAS/router. My internet path is, modem > Asus Google On Hub Router > Linksys EA6350. The Linksys has my external storage connected to it. 
I've been on the phone/chat support with Linksys, Google, and my ISP and they each shrug and point to one another. 

I'm happy it's not Emby nor Filebot and this isn't even a major issue since Emby can tell me my most recent added items, but it's a huge pain in the ass just for the simple reason of, I can't view my folders in Windows accurately.

According to my system, I haven't added any media since January of 2019.

Thanks again for all assistance, and I'm not wanting Emby forums to be my tech support for everything, but if anyone is reading this and has any ideas how to correct this I would be very grateful!

• Like 2