Live TV Help & Guidance

arche
Go to solution Solved by samuelqwe,

arche

Need a little help here as I am new to IPTV. I currently have HDHomeRun Prime and have mapped the channels correctly and have removed unused channels. I signed up for EPG for IPTV (iptv-epg.com) and downloaded the m3u file from my IPTV provider and uploaded to iptv-epg.com. My question is when setting it up in emby, I setup the tuner first (I'm guessing) "M3U Tuner" and the link from iptv-epg.com is entered into the m3u file is entered into "File or URL"? If so, what goes into "User Agent"?

After I get past that part, do I want to add a guide source "XmL TV"? If so, do I also put the link from iptv-epg.com into the file or url path again for xml? Do I also need to fill in the user agent in on this part also?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, just never tried this before.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by arche

do I want to add a guide source "XmL TV"?

If you'd like to see guide data, yes.

arche

If you'd like to see guide data, yes.

OK, so no help and will have to do this trial and error. Thanks...

• Solution
samuelqwe

Need a little help here as I am new to IPTV. I currently have HDHomeRun Prime and have mapped the channels correctly and have removed unused channels. I signed up for EPG for IPTV (iptv-epg.com) and downloaded the m3u file from my IPTV provider and uploaded to iptv-epg.com. My question is when setting it up in emby, I setup the tuner first (I'm guessing) "M3U Tuner" and the link from iptv-epg.com is entered into the m3u file is entered into "File or URL"? If so, what goes into "User Agent"?

After I get past that part, do I want to add a guide source "XmL TV"? If so, do I also put the link from iptv-epg.com into the file or url path again for xml? Do I also need to fill in the user agent in on this part also?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, just never tried this before.

Thanks in advance.

Just enter your M3U url via the M3U tuner, leave the User Agent empty (unless specified by your service, but that is rather uncommon), and enter the maximum amount of connections/users that can use your service at once. Now, save the M3U tuner.

Afterwards, add an XML TV guide source (country doesn't matter), and add the XMLTV url provided by your service (or iptv-epg, in your case). You don't need to modify any other settings, other than what tuner the guide should apply to (if you have multiple live tv sources).

You can now save the guide provider, and after a full refresh, Emby should add all the channels and associate the guide to the corresponding channels.

The whole process is fairly simple, but can seem a little complicated at first glance.

• Like 2