Tried everything, but no music videos :-(

sugarat
Go to solution Solved by skidmarks,

sugarat

Hi All, 

I have been enjoying Emby so far and just purchased a premiere subscription.  However, just gone to add some music videos, and nothing I do seems to make it work. 

I add a library, with the content type set to Music Videos.     The library is pointing to a folder such as \\location\Video\Music Videos - Indexed\    and within this it is 

Artist Name

Artist - Title.mkv

So for example:

Katy Perry

Katy Perry - Unconditionally.mkv

However,  Emby only ever finds one music video in each Artist directory!

Please advise on how best to organise the directory structure for Emby to correctly show the music videos in each folder. 

Many thanks.

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example of a folder that is doing this? please show us the folder contents. And what version of Emby Server?

• Solution
skidmarks

i'd try taking the - indexed part out of your folder structure.

music videos/artist/artist - music video name

This is how a lot of us have the music video library configured.

But be aware that this is not the recommended library structure, ESPECIALLY is you are going to try and run the IMVDb plug-in!!!!  Might want to consider this if your library is not too large yet.

I believe for IMVDb to work you need to put each music video in its own folder under the artist and the title has to be a perfect match with the IMVDb database...

music videos/artist/song name/song name

My own experience: do not run the IMVDb plug-in with your current folder structure!.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Music-naming

Edited by skidmarks
  • Like 1

sugarat

Thanks guys.   @@skidmarks - you were right, I think the extra hyphen in the directory name was upsetting it.  I have renamed the folder to simply 'Music Videos' and the indexing now seems to be working. 

Many thanks!

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

You still want to put the artist in brackets or remove the artist name on the videos. Or they'll be monopolized.