Twit TV and Podcast ??

JLJ

I'm wondering if I'm missing something here. When I go to My Media tab and select Twit or Podcast I see the apps for the different programs(Coding 101,Home Theater geeks) etc...

However when I select the tab to see the episodes I get a blank screen. I do have a Emby Premiere account. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there, the dynamic refreshing of this content in 4.0 has a few issues. Please try this again when Emby Server 4.1 is released. Thanks !

• 1 year later...
Netfool
On 3/12/2019 at 12:15 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, the dynamic refreshing of this content in 4.0 has a few issues. Please try this again when Emby Server 4.1 is released. Thanks !

I'm getting exactly the results @JLJ described.  I'm running 4.4.3.0 on Linux (testing prior to adding the TWiT plugin to an NVIDIA Shield Pro.

Any suggestions?

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, try running the refresh internet channels scheduled task on the server.

Testing Twit this I see 27 folder that are all empty.

Lot of errors in log. 

2020-08-27 18:06:14.984 Error ChannelManager: Error getting channel content
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.0.21
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.20185
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.7
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Media/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.FormatException: System.FormatException: The string 'Tue, 25 Aug 2020 21:02:01 PDT' was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index '26'.
	   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(ReadOnlySpan`1 s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
	   at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.TWiT.TwitChannel.GetChannelItemsInternal(InternalChannelItemQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.TWiT.TwitChannel.GetChannelItems(InternalChannelItemQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItems(IChannel channel, String externalFolderId, Nullable`1 sortField, Boolean sortDescending, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItemsInternal(Channel channel, IChannel channelProvider, InternalItemsQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetAllItems(Channel channel, IChannel channelProvider, Int64 parentId, Int32 currentRefreshLevel, Int32 maxRefreshLevel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetAllItems(Channel channel, IChannel channelProvider, Int64 parentId, Int32 currentRefreshLevel, Int32 maxRefreshLevel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: System.DateTime Parse(System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char], System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo, System.Globalization.DateTimeStyles)

Netfool
21 hours ago, Luke said:

Hmm, looks like the plugin may need an update. Thanks.

Just FYI, I ran the refresh internet channels task and got the same results as @Happy2Play

Is @flexage still actively maintaining this?

It looks like there may be another version at
https://github.com/thedrjones/TwitNetwork, but  I'm not at all sure as to how to go about testing it.

Are all Emby Server plugins written in C#?

Happy2Play
47 minutes ago, Luke said:

The plugin source can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.Plugins.TWiT

I can recompile it against newer libraries for newer versions of the server and see if that helps.

Thanks.

Just tested 3.0.3 and same error

2020-08-28 17:09:47.852 Error ChannelManager: Error getting channel content
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.0.21
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Runtime: C:/Users/Media/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.FormatException: System.FormatException: The string 'Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:27:55 PDT' was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index '26'.
	   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(ReadOnlySpan`1 s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
	   at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.TWiT.TwitChannel.GetChannelItemsInternal(InternalChannelItemQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.TWiT.TwitChannel.GetChannelItems(InternalChannelItemQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItems(IChannel channel, String externalFolderId, Nullable`1 sortField, Boolean sortDescending, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Channels.ChannelManager.GetChannelItemsInternal(Channel channel, IChannel channelProvider, InternalItemsQuery query, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: System.DateTime Parse(System.ReadOnlySpan`1[System.Char], System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo, System.Globalization.DateTimeStyles)

chef

Looking now. 

It's a name my mother use to call me sometimes... 😀 ... is all i know right now.

Looks like it is using XML RSS to get channel info.

Edited by chef
  • Haha 2

chef

I think I have this figured out.

Don't know why the date time parse didn't like that string, but instead of using "Convert.DateTime" I used "DateTime.Parse()"

now I get no errors in the log, but I also still get no items in the channel.

I will continue work on this.

chef

@Happy2Play

I have almost fixed the TWiT plugin. But I have run into one particular issue. 

Do you have a moment to see if you can get streams playing from the TWiT feed with this version of the plugin? 

Probably have to clear browser cache, and also run Refresh Internet channels.

I fixed the InternalMediaItemQuery errors, but... I'm not sure what happened... I may have to work out why all of a sudden the .mp4 feeds aren't working.... 😥

MediaBrowser.Plugins.TWiT.zip

Edited by chef

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, chef said:

@Happy2Play

I have almost fixed the TWiT plugin. But I have run into one particular issue. 

Do you have a moment to see if you can get streams playing from the TWiT feed with this version of the plugin? 

Probably have to clear browser cache, and also run Refresh Internet channels.

I'm not sure what happened but I may have to work out why all of a sudden the .mp4 feeds aren't working.... 😥

MediaBrowser.Plugins.TWiT.zip 153.99 kB · 0 downloads

Items are appearing in each channel but are unplayable

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

2020-08-30 17:46:15.377 Error App: Error in ffprobe
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.0.22
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
	System.Exception: System.Exception: ffprobe failed for "https://twit.tv/shows/security-now/episodes/778" - streams and format are both null: 
{

}

ffprobe version 4.3.0-emby_2020_05_23-g8f222573e9+530 Copyright (c) 2007-2019 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC
	  built with gcc 9.2.0 (Rev2, Built by MSYS2 project)
	https://twit.tv/shows/security-now/episodes/778: Invalid data found when processing input

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Probing.MediaProbeManager.GetMediaInfoInternal(String inputPath, String primaryPath, MediaProtocol protocol, String userAgent, Boolean extractChapters, String probeSizeArgument, Boolean isAudio, Boolean forceEnableLogging, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.ProbeVideo[T](T item, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RunCustomProvider(ICustomMetadataProvider`1 provider, TItemType item, String logName, MetadataRefreshOptions options, RefreshResult refreshResult, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
2020-08-30 17:46:16.637 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Error starting ffmpeg
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, Boolean acquireResources)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetDynamicSegment(StreamRequest request, String playlistId, String segmentId, Int32 subtitleStreamIndex)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Also during Refresh Internet channels

2020-08-30 17:42:25.829 Error ChannelManager: Error getting channel content
	*** Error Report ***
	System.IndexOutOfRangeException: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
	Source: MediaBrowser.Plugins.TWiT

Don't know if beta server makes a difference but can test on 4.4.3.0 if needed?

• Like 1

chef
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Items are appearing in each channel but are unplayable

2020-08-30 17:46:15.377 Error App: Error in ffprobe
	*** Error Report ***
	System.Exception: System.Exception: ffprobe failed for "https://twit.tv/shows/security-now/episodes/778" - streams and format are both null: 
{

}

ffprobe version 4.3.0-emby_2020_05_23-g8f222573e9+530 Copyright (c) 2007-2019 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC
	  built with gcc 9.2.0 (Rev2, Built by MSYS2 project)
	https://twit.tv/shows/security-now/episodes/778: Invalid data found when processing input

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Probing.MediaProbeManager.GetMediaInfoInternal(String inputPath, String primaryPath, MediaProtocol protocol, String userAgent, Boolean extractChapters, String probeSizeArgument, Boolean isAudio, Boolean forceEnableLogging, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.ProbeVideo[T](T item, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RunCustomProvider(ICustomMetadataProvider`1 provider, TItemType item, String logName, MetadataRefreshOptions options, RefreshResult refreshResult, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2020-08-30 17:46:16.637 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Error starting ffmpeg
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, Boolean acquireResources)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetDynamicSegment(StreamRequest request, String playlistId, String segmentId, Int32 subtitleStreamIndex)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Also during Refresh Internet channels

2020-08-30 17:42:25.829 Error ChannelManager: Error getting channel content
	*** Error Report ***
	System.IndexOutOfRangeException: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
	Source: MediaBrowser.Plugins.TWiT

Don't know if beta server makes a difference but can test on 4.4.3.0 if needed?

I appreciate that, but I think there might be some more underlying issues with this.

We have the internal items loading, now, which is good.  I'll trace the stream url, and see where things are going wrong.

There is a "query.FolderId" parameter that I think is suspect,  I can't find it's source yet, and it is what is deciding the url path.

thank you for your help.

I'll be back.

chef

Okay, this is a far deeper problem then what I thought.

@Luke @Happy2Play I can't get any live streaming happening in any plugin.

I've checked the MediaSource classes, and all the info. Both TWiT and my Surveillance plugin are having the same issue.

"No compatible stream found".

I can confirm that for both live stream plugins, mentioned above, the URL's do in fact contain a stream.

For TWiT they are mostly .mp4 streams. But, No Joy.

Is it possible that there have been changes in the core that would effect this?

Thank you sirs.

Edited by chef

chef
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

are you sure those are actual video urls?

Yeah, I logged them out just to make sure

https://chtbl.com/track/E91833/cdn.twit.tv/video/aaa/aaa0487/aaa0487_h264m_1280x720_1872.mp4

twitexample1.png

Not sure if this helps at all:

twitexample2.png

Edited by chef

chef

This is strange, I can get some of the TWiT streams to start (the most current ones), but any stream other then that won't play.

And that is because, it is not us that have a streaming problem... It's TWiT

Most of their Podcast urls are resolving to Leo's Salad 404 page.

twitexample3.png

Edited by chef

Ah that's too bad. Thanks for looking at it. You could still submit a pill request with these improvements though, they're a good start.

BAlGaInTl

I think I heard on one of their podcasts recently that they had to do a change to something with the RSS or old videos or the like... it was just mentioned in passing.  Probably doesn't affect 99.9% of users.

I'm a follower of TWiT, but never thought to use Emby to watch.

I may play around with this as well.

sooty234

I'm quite surprised that old Leo is as successful as he is. Having had to fix his handy work, and seeing how bad his PC building is, it's strange why people trust him.

BAlGaInTl

He and his staff give generally sound advice to the "general" tech consumer.

He's successful because he's a good moderator and keeps his podcasts interesting and current.  I don't listen to his radio show though where he gives more tech advice, so I can't comment on that.