Emby Update v4.0.3.0 on Synology Server.

d21mike

d21mike

I am seeing this on my Emby Dashboard.  But when I login to my Synology Package Center it just says "Open" instead of "Update".  Is there something else I should do?  I have only been running Emby Server for a few days so pretty new to it.

Same thing on both my servers where Emby is installed.  DS1019+ and DS918+.

Version 4.0.2.0

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 4.0.3.0 is now available for download.

Please login to DSM and go to Package Center to update.

solabc16

Hello Again

If you haven't seen already, the update is now available; it may take Package Center a moment to update.

Best

- James

d21mike

Hello Again

If you haven't seen already, the update is now available; it may take Package Center a moment to update.

Best

- James

Got it.  Thanks.

Elfman

I can't seem to get this update apply or install.  I have selected Update several times though the Package Center with nothing ever updating. I have ensured that the Emby LLC certificate is there.  I have ensured that Emby LCC is located in the Package Sources.  I have even attemtped to set Trust Level to 'Any Publisher' and yet nothing happens.  It will sit at 'Updating' for a long while.  Then if I close the Package Center window and come back, it says there is an update available for Emby.  For good measure, I reboooted my Synology with the same results.

From what I can tell, the Emby Service never stops.

I let it sit for over 30 minutes.  Emby updates have never taken that long before.

Edit - So I attempted to stop the Emby server through the Web Admin.  The service successfully stopped.  However,  now I am unable to either update to 4.03 or start the installed version of 4.02.  I am told

'Another package is being configured, installed, or restored. Please try again later'

I was fine with continuing to run 4.02 but now I can't seem to get that started now which is very frustrating.

Prior to this, DiskStation had me update my Docker application which succeded fine (though package center).  I am not running Emby in Docker but from the Package Center.  But I am not sure if those are related somehow.

This is on a Diskstation 1815+ running the latest version of DSM.

So now, I am my Synology is not running Emby at all and I use Emby every day.

Edit #2- Rebooting my Synology at least got 4.02 up and running again.

Edited by Elfman

d21mike

I can't seem to get this update apply or install.  I have selected Update several times though the Package Center with nothing ever updating. I have ensured that the Emby LLC certificate is there.  I have ensured that Emby LCC is located in the Package Sources.  I have even attemtped to set Trust Level to 'Any Publisher' and yet nothing happens.  It will sit at 'Updating' for a long while.  Then if I close the Package Center window and come back, it says there is an update available for Emby.  For good measure, I reboooted my Synology with the same results.

From what I can tell, the Emby Service never stops.

I let it sit for over 30 minutes.  Emby updates have never taken that long before.

I am sure this does not help much but I had no problem with either of my DS Servers.

Edited by d21mike

harshakavuri

For whatever reason the update took more than an hour to download. After the download is done it took about a minute to apply the update and I have never seen this take that long to download the package.

Elfman

For whatever reason the update took more than an hour to download. After the download is done it took about a minute to apply the update and I have never seen this take that long to download the package.

This must have been it.  I tried again this morning, left it for 20 minutes and it completed.  Interesting.

solabc16

Hello @@Elfman

The latest updates to DSM do appear to have introduced some 'quirks' in the Package Center UI, where it doesn't always accurately reflect the current state.

We have raised this with Synology, it's not specific to Emby Server.

The end result being, it will have been processing the update, just not telling you this clearly - hence you then see errors just as "Another package is being configured, installed, or restored. Please try again later."

Fortunately it is more an inconvenience, than likely to cause any significant issue.

My advice at this time to anybody reading this and having problems, is to...

1) Make sure the action displayed in Package Center is the action you are expecting to take.

2) Once you've pressed the button, leave it to 'do its thing'.

3) If you really believe it's doing nothing, restart DSM so you know exactly where you are.

Using the system monitor to check CPU usage and/or network IO, can be a way to indirectly determine if 'something' is happening; you can usually spot the downloads taking place reasonably easily.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Elfman

@solabac16 

That makes sense.  I had a feeling I should have just let things be but had never had Emby updates take more than 5, maybe 10 minutes at most.  So I think the combination of the download of the package being slow and Package Center not giving me the proper status message made me impatient.

Hopefully, Synology will put this fix in an upcoming DSM updadte.

• 2 weeks later...
barat

Weird ... for my DS916+ I'm still on 4.0.1 (2019/01/25) and no updates ...

Dashboard says:

Version 4.0.1.0

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 4.0.3.0 is now available for download.

Never-mind ... few minutes after writing it I have update to 4.0.3 ...

Edited by barat