Manually Map Channels From Backend

tvaldeze

tvaldeze

I keep seeing that the channel mapper is going to get improved but it hasn't changed, this is no fault to the developers as they have taken on the big task of trying to provide us with a well rounded platform. I have over the air and hdhomerun premium and have been trying to properly map the channels but emby does not know the difference between east coast and west coast channels and immediately puts them into one guide data source. What I am wanting to do is instead of using the GUI which does not have an option to unmatch a channel is change the config file itself, however I cannot find this said file. Is there any insight as to where this file/files is/are? I am having issues trying to get a proper guide setup here, and its very frustrating.

schmitty

It will be in an m3u file. The tvg-id value is what maps the channel to the id in the m3u to the channel in the epg XML file. The tvg-no in the m3u is the lcn/channel number displayed in Emby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you create mappings, they are stored under the server's program data /config/livetv.xml