Mixed Content Metadata Problems

slupmada

slupmada

I have a Mixed Content library that has all of the TV I record, including movies, series, sports, etc.  It seems lately that several (not all) series are being identified as movies. When I try to update the metadata, the option to enter a TVDB ID is missing, and only shows fields for IMDb and TheMovieDb. I'm running server version 4.0.2.0 on Windows 7 x64 Professional. Here is the library's folder structure:

Recorded TV

Series 1

SeriesTitle-EpisodeTitle-SXXEXX.wtv

Series 2

RecordedMovieTitle (YrReleased)

RecordedMovieTitle (YrReleased).wtv

Another thing I noticed with the series that are being detected as movies, is that there is now a “Version” dropdown menu, where I can select the different episodes (or supposed to be movie chapters???) of a series (see screenshot).  Am I doing something wrong or was something changed in a recent update? Thanks!

post-155983-0-87511300-1552393881_thumb.png

This is almost certainly a naming problem.

Can you please show us a specific example with the real names of the items?

Thanks.

slupmada

Yes, please see attached.  I neglected to mention in the first post that some of these folders also contain comskip output files.  Is that a problem?  Some of the series folders do not have comskip files, but still appear as movies in the library.  Thanks in advance!

post-155983-0-18876100-1552403693_thumb.png

Okay, this is one of the complications with "mixed" content types.  That setup matches our movie multi-version naming scheme.

Try re-naming the folder to "The Titan Games (2019)".

slupmada

That worked, thank you! Do I need to do that for the rest of the series that are like that?  Do I need to add the specific year it was released, or any year?

It needs to be the proper year or you will have identification problems.

The key here is I broke this constraint for multi-version videos by renaming the folder:

Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - "

slupmada

The key here is I broke this constraint for multi-version videos by renaming the folder:

Each version must begin with the folder name, followed by " - "

Sorry, I don't know what this means. Is there an original post I can read for more information?

slupmada

So I think I've corrected the naming issue... now, however, I'm noticing that if I only have one episode of a series in a folder, it is also detected as a movie.  Are there any suggestions for that?

Thanks again for the help!

Happy2Play

So I think I've corrected the naming issue... now, however, I'm noticing that if I only have one episode of a series in a folder, it is also detected as a movie.  Are there any suggestions for that?

Thanks again for the help!

You will need to go over the specific example.

slupmada

Sure.  For example, I have a series folder for Superstore, and it only has one episode in the folder (superstore_folder.png).  Emby detects this file as a movie, does not provide a TVDBId field (superstore_editMetadata.png) and does not pull in any wallart (superstore_emby).  I've noticed that if the series folder has more than one episode in the same folder, Emby would then detect it as a series and work properly.  Am I still naming something incorrectly?

Thanks!

post-155983-0-57332700-1552480899_thumb.png

post-155983-0-16231600-1552480910_thumb.png

post-155983-0-89149100-1552480925_thumb.png

That is going to look just like movie to Emby.  Try creating a "Season 04" folder under "Superstore" and moving the files there.