Alternate version - can't get one movie to display properly

Jack Burton
Go to solution Solved by rbjtech,

Jack Burton

Started using the alternate version tags, works great! Except for one movie. I cant get X-Men Days of Future Past to show the alternate Rogue Cut, Emby keeps making it as a second movie. I've done a few alternates that work fine:

Tombstone (1993) and Tombstone (1993) - Extended Cut

Logan (2017) and Logan (2017) - Noir

The Mist (2007) and The Mist (2007) - Black & White Extended Cut

At first I thought the naming convention must have to stick to specific titles, like director's cut, extended cut, etc but for example naming Logan as Logan - Noir works fine as an alternate version. Of the handful of alternate versions I've set up Days of Future Past is the only one having any issues. I've tried 2 ways:

X-Men Days of Future Past (2014) and X-Men Days of Future Past (2014) - The Rogue Cut

and

X Men Days of Future Past (2014) and X Men Days of Future Past (2014) - The Rogue Cut

In the second one I removed the hyphen in X-Men since anything after hyphens is treated as alternate, still no go. Emby keeps adding it as a second movie

Edited by Jack Burton

rbjtech

Maybe try to use a comma after the x-men part in the filename, as a just did a 2nd copy to try this for you and it appeared to work fine ?

5c8799d3d8d2a_xmen.png

Jack Burton

Comma didn't work but it made me look at the folder title not just the file title and that was the problem apparently. I had the folder titled X-Men - Days of Future Past, removed the second hyphen and rescanned and it's all good. Thanks that was driving me nuts

• Solution
rbjtech

Ah right ok - yes, folder name needs to be identical in every way for multi-version to work.  Glad you got it sorted.  :)

• Like 1

Ah right ok - yes, folder name needs to be identical in every way for multi-version to work.  Glad you got it sorted.  :)

Correct and this is documented in the wiki :).