Photo

How to manage transcoding-temp file size?

transcoding-temp Windows

Best Answer cayars , 12 March 2019 - 01:54 AM

The transcodes should get cleared out automatically when they are no longer needed such as when a user gets done playing the current video.  I believe the transcode directory is also used as well during DVR.

If you are seeing the transcode directory fill up when NOT BEING USED then please upload your current server log and ffmpeg logs so we can take a look at it.

Luke has already mentioned that this is something that will be addressed in an upcoming release and there will be better management of this directory which could even allow it to run on large ram discs or small SSD drives (when updated).

But for now please upload a set of log files if you aren't seeing files cleared out properly on their own.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brianbsmith OFFLINE  

brianbsmith

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 04:08 PM

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

Emby Server: Windows 10 Version 4.0.2.0

HDHomeRun Connect Firmware 20180817

Emby Clients: LG webOS, Roku, iOS, Android, Windows Chrome

Please advise how to manage uncontrolled growth of transcoding-temp file, which apparently will grow until entire disk is consumed.

#2 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2889 posts
  • Local time: 05:08 PM

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:54 AM   Best Answer

The transcodes should get cleared out automatically when they are no longer needed such as when a user gets done playing the current video.  I believe the transcode directory is also used as well during DVR.

If you are seeing the transcode directory fill up when NOT BEING USED then please upload your current server log and ffmpeg logs so we can take a look at it.

Luke has already mentioned that this is something that will be addressed in an upcoming release and there will be better management of this directory which could even allow it to run on large ram discs or small SSD drives (when updated).

But for now please upload a set of log files if you aren't seeing files cleared out properly on their own.

• brianbsmith likes this

#3 brianbsmith OFFLINE  

brianbsmith

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 04:08 PM

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:17 PM

Thanks.  Apparently, there was a "hung" session that was occupying one of my 4 tuners.  Restarting the Emby server resulted in the 250GB trancoding-temp file to be cleaned up.

I've been using various clients/viewers, and the temp files are being deleted when the session terminates.  So, I'll continue to monitor - but all is good for now.  Thanks again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transcoding-temp, Windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users