Direct Streaming

davidmarshalljr

davidmarshalljr

Howdy! I'm broadcasting a stream using Wowza media player, and I want user devices to access the Wowza encoder directly.

I'm wondering how I can prevent direct streaming from happening. I've attached the ffmpeg log. Is it possible to have it come directly from the server without direct streaming? What format do I need to use to accomplish this?

The dashboard says that direct streaming is happening because the container isn't compatible, but the stream is.

Thanks! =D
David

davidmarshalljr

It’s not, but I also have an encoder that is on the local network, on the same switch as Emby that also does the direct streaming thing.

Does it matter that it’s saying that the container is the wrong format?

At this time we will not allow our store apps to direct play to remote urls because we cannot verify the legality of the content. In order to avoid potential violations of app store policies, that is why we run it through your Emby Server and direct stream it. There is no way around this.

the container transcoding reason is probably erroneous. I'll double check, but since we don't currently have a reason string for the above scenario, it probably just ends up using that one generically.

davidmarshalljr

Gotcha. And now that I think about it, the local encoder is on another subnet on that switch, so that's why it isn't playing direct to that URL either. I'm thinking that if I add the subnet to the "local URL" list, it will stream directly from the encoder. I'll update with these new findings when I get back to the office.

Thanks for your help!