How does the dlna server work?

almaster

almaster

I'm trying to connect my Yamaha AVR Home Theater to DLNA server embedded in Emby server version 4.0.2.0, installed into a Synology NAS; using the DLNA server integrated in the Synology, my home theater works fine. Instead, if I use the Emby dlna server, my Yamaha finds Emby but freeze when trying to explore the library, ending (after many seconds) with a "No content". The music library is correctly scanned. In the dlna configuration, i set "Default user" with one that has no access to any library (because i want give access with dlna only for specific host); so in "Profiles" i've just copied a system profile of an existing AVR, changed the identification to match my Yamaha, and setting user library to a specific user. Is the interpretation that I gave to these configuration parameters right? Is there a guide or a specific thread about it? Thanks.

EDIT: i've found that changing the "Default user library" to the same user inside the created profile, all works fine! I suppose that something does not work with dlna profiles... how to check if a host is associated to the correct profile?

Edited by almaster

Hi, currently our options to customize per dlna device are much too complicated and need to be simplified and improved in the future.

how to check if a host is associated to the correct profile?

Only the server log at this time, unfortunately. It is something that needs to be improved.