Collections / AutoBox Set issue

CChris

CChris

Hi,

I've noticed a behaviour with the AutoBox Set plugin, when I scan for changed meta data.

I have two movie libraries.
In both Libraries are movies, from the same box set.

e.g.

Library 01

- Bad Boys

Library 02
- Bad Boys 2

This setup is temporarily... but it will take some time until I can combine both libraries into one.

Now, after adding a movie to Library 01, I refresh the meta data - and suddenly, all box sets including movies from both libraries are gone.

Only the collections where all filmes are in the refreshed library are shown, untill I refresh the box set library.

Then, also the other box sets, containing movies through all libraries are shown.

Collections after refreshing Meta Data for Movie-Library 01
5c8688ad515f1_2019031117_10_26Movies.png

Collections after refreshing Meta-Data for the Collections Library.
5c8688d786fcf_2019031117_10_58_new8Notep

[OK, I don't know, why the black color is shown as white here in the Screenshot... o.O]

CChris

That every time, when I refresh the Meta Data for Movie Library 01, the collections are reduced and only show the box sets from movies which are in Library 01.

When I then refresh the collections library, It will recreate the box sets from movies which are in library 2 and box sets for movies, I have in library 01 and 02

For example:

Library 01
- Star Trek (Movies 1-10)
- Bad Boys 1 + 2

- Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions

- Harry Potter 1, 2, 3

Library 02
- Red 1, 2

- From Dusk Till Dawn 1, 2, 3

- Harry Potter 4, 5, 6

The Collection is showing all Collections:

- Star Trek - The Original Collection
- Star Trek - The Next Generations Collection
- Matrix Collection
- Harry Potter Collection
- Red Collection
- From Dusk Till Dawn Collection

Now, I refresh Meta Data for Library 01.
The Collection sections is only showing:

- Star Trek - The Original Collection
- Star Trek - The Next Generations Collection
- Matrix Collection

I need to refresh the Collections too, in order to get all collections from both libraries back.

Is it more clear now?

I'm not seeing the behavior you are describing (fully understand what you are saying).

I've got 3 movie libraries.  HOWEVER, if you are moving files from Movie2 to Movie1 or vice versa, you could see weirdness until you do a FULL SCAN.

Once that FULL SCAN is done you can go back and refresh either library with no affect on the collections.

Any time you move files between libraries I'd follow it up with a FULL SCAN.

CChris

Hi, my issue does not (only) happen, if I move files between my both libraries.

e.g.
I add a new movie to library 01 - and do a refresh of the meta data for library 01.
As soon as I have done this, the collection does only show the collections for movies I have in library 01

I need to refresh also the collections in order to get all collections visible.
-- not a big deal for me.

Just thought, that it is not exactly the way it should work and might cause others to think their collections are somehow 'broken'

I'm not seeing this behavior on my system currently running 

Version 4.1.0.13 beta.

Edited by cayars

CChris

hm.. right now, I also can't reproduce it anymore in the 4.0.2.0
Maybe, because I haven't added a new movie to library 01 yet... I will give it another try later.

CChris

hm... not sure... I haven't figured out this issue again with my latest library updates.
But maybe, It was because I opened the collections directly from the Library.

What I've just noticed:

using the "Collections" Library Link from the Main page will list all available collections.

using the "Collections" Link in the Top Nav of the Library will limit the view to only the collections in this library.

it might be, that this was what I've observed - unfortunately, I can't really remember, which link I have used ... :-(

Happy2Play

hm... not sure... I haven't figured out this issue again with my latest library updates.

But maybe, It was because I opened the collections directly from the Library.

What I've just noticed:

using the "Collections" Library Link from the Main page will list all available collections.

using the "Collections" Link in the Top Nav of the Library will limit the view to only the collections in this library.

it might be, that this was what I've observed - unfortunately, I can't really remember, which link I have used ... :-(

The Collections library on the Home Screen is global and the Collections tab in the library is restricted to items within that library (parentid).