MBplus - plugin update task

Luke

The build that just went up. But based on his comments from elsewhere I think there were update issues before i made the changes. Might want to make sure the version number in the assembly matches the value entered in the upload form.

All the version numbers match.  He was behind before because he was in the alpha group and that dll had a different version number scheme.

My production server (which is set to dev level updates) doesn't see the update either.  But it did just update Genre Cleaner which hasn't been updated since April 9th.

Are we caching the MB3Packages.json file?  That genre cleaner update was exactly one month ago.

only in memory, and for the dev update level it's only five or ten minutes.

The MBPlus Package was missing the Assembly GUID in its package record and the name of the package is slightly different than the name of the assembly.  Probably that bug you pointed out a few weeks ago where it didn't save it for a new package and I never noticed.

MrWebsmith

Just got back in front of my systems and had a update notification waiting for .7 so this is worked out thanks to you both!

MrWebsmith

@@ebr

MBplus is again behind for me and i only noticed based on other thread comments you made and the fact that we just went back and forth on .5 vs .4... do you want logs to show that even if i manually run the plugin update task im not seeing any update notice for mbplus (the server piece) which is now on .7   im still currently on .5 and will stay here until you see you do/don't need more info from my setup to see this issue.

no rush, dont let it stop your friday night ;)

my overall mbs is set to DEV.. i just did the most recent update to

Version 3.0.5242.26505

if i manually go into plugin catalog/server/mbplus i see the .7 (beta) version (and .6) available to install

The update level for MBPlus itself is probably set to Release since that is the default.  The ability to change that has recently been removed from the dev server so you can't edit it there but look inside your MBPlus.xml file and at the top should be an update level tag.  Probably says Release.  Change it to Beta.  Re-start and see if the update is seen.

yea so, it will use his system update level and now once he has the new dev build it will work as he originally expected it to.

So there is an upcoming dev build that will update properly for him?  Cuz he's not seeing the updates right now.

MrWebsmith

sorry guys.. thought this was worth mentioning.. if i cant keep it up to date..i assume other users also aren't... i didnt expect it to be a nagging one...

(o/t.. ebr, the delete xml and let plugin rebuild didnt work.. but i assume that this is expect based on your recent comments with luke.. just closing the loop on that)