Movie Posters disappeared

GreyJackal

GreyJackal

So i noticed a number of my movie posters we showing as frame captures instead of the art.

I also noticed all my movies were unlocked (i get them exactly how i want, then lock them so they won't change).  I attributed this to the upgrade to 4.02.

I "refreshed" all the data, checking replace existing images, but rather than pulling new images, all the movies went to a plain colored square with the title in it.

I have all my metadata saved in the media folders, and they have poster images in the folders, but it seems not to pull these.

As a test, I manually updated the images in some movies and verified that it saved the image files in the media folder, then ran another refresh and the image files were deleted.

I even tried removing all the image files from a folder and running a refresh, and it still did not create any new image files.

I'm at my wits end and can't figure out why it's not only not pulling new images, but deleting the existing ones.  Any help would be appreciated.

I've attached a screenshot of the movies screen, and a copy of the current log.

Thank you

post-8200-0-53750700-1552191018_thumb.png

Log.txt

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when you did this? thanks.

Did you at one point do a metadata refresh of a top level folder and select replace all images? If so then this will delete all existing images, and then download new ones.

So then the question is why didn't it download new ones. Do you have metadata fetchers and image providers enabled for that library in emby library setup?

GreyJackal

After most of the images had been replaced by screen captures (no refresh at that point), i did perform a full refresh of the "movies" library in hopes of replacing the screen captures.

Movie metadata downloaders enabled are TheMovieDb and The Open Movie Database.

Movie image fetchers are TheMovieDb, Fanart, The Open Movie Database.  I had disabled "Screen Grabber" thinking it had caused the original replacement.

Save artwork into media folders is enabled, as is download images in advance.

Image Fetcher settings has all image types checked, maximum backdrops set to 10.

GreyJackal

so apparently, if the movie is "locked" it will not download new art... it will, however delete the existing art if "replace images" is checked... i have to ask, is this by design?  or should it actually not be able to delete existing images if a movie is locked?

If a movie is locked then pretty much nothing will download.

As far as what should happen when you manually refresh, that probably needs review in this situation. Thanks.