Live TV Recording - users see recordings of other users

deganza

deganza

Hi

When I have two user: user A and user B.

User A is recording a show. User B see that user A is recording the show and it's even able to stop the recording.

It's there no possibility to separate the recording of the different users?

Hi. All recordings are global at this time.  There are open feature requests for the possibility of creating personal ones.

Thanks.

BillOatman

Couldn't you create a library for each of your users to save recordings into, and only give permission to that library to the one user?

Edited by BillOatman

Couldn't you create a library for each of your users to save recordings into, and only give permission to that library to the one user?

Yes that is one way it could be accomplished right now.

• 3 weeks later...
deganza

actually I don't know how it's possible to create a library for each user. I can just create one recording library for the live tv recordings.

How dows emby know in lbrary it should save the live tv recordings of the different users?

It's not possible yet, but it will be once we add the ability to save recordings in different locations.

deganza

It's not possible yet, but it will be once we add the ability to save recordings in different locations.

ok, thank you. Maybe it the next release?