Unable to play media

Wayne33

Wayne33

I have a recurring problem with playing media with Kodi 18. I will start with a completely clean instal and use the Titan Mod skin. Everything will be good for a few days and then nothing will play. A database reset won't help and changing to Embruary or the default skin won't help either. I've never been able to find a solution other than start from scratch, but once again after a few days it happens again.

Occasionally I can launch Kodi and before the background for the particular library has had a chance to load I can play a file, but once only. The next time you try the background will be there and the file will not play. Trying to play from a home screen widget will not give an error message but if I try to play from a sub menu then a Playback Failed error message will occur.

I hope I've made this clear enough as I realize it might sound a little vague. Log file is here;

https://pastebin.com/HbzhP9v5

Thanks.

sualfred

Just had a very quick look at the log. Could you please try the following:

-> Switch to Embuary

-> Go to skin settings

-> Go to "addons & dependencies"

-> Scroll down to the bottom to the last position that is labeled with "deactive skin helper packages" and select it to deativate all skin helper packages

-> Restart Kodi

-> Try again

Does it make a difference?

Edited by sualfred

Wayne33

Thanks for your very quick response. I have tried the suggestion but no success. I was able to get the first thing I quickly clicked on to play but then nothing else. I also tried another database reset but the outcome was the same.