Stop auto play next after inactivity

kesm

Hi, 

I have an user that launch an episode and go to sleep, so emby keeps playing episodes all night. Is there a way to stop next play automatically after inactivity?
A warning could be send after like 2 or 3 episodes to check if user is still here.

daedalus

we had this feature on some clients once, but it got silently removed instead of making it an option :(

Edited by daedalus

MidKnight

I would actually like to see the pop-up to play next episode, such as if you do have the option set to play all.

I don't use this option for the very reason of the op, about falling asleep, this way if I am awake, and do want the next episode to start after the current, I could click yes.

Hi.  This option exists in Android TV and Roku.  It is called "Runaway playback prevention".

daedalus

so if this still exists on some clients why not on all (at least on them that are developed by the emby team)?

one could somehow get the feeling that emby has a repulsion on feature parity over it's clients

or is there any sane point to remove a feature on one client while keeping it on another?

Edited by daedalus

MidKnight

Hi. This option exists in Android TV and Roku. It is called "Runaway playback prevention".

Explain how that option works?

Explain how that option works?

Hi, the settings screen will have help text that explains it. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

MidKnight

Yeah I figured that out, but anyway, after trying it, It seems to play 2 episodes then stop. Which isn't any good to me.

I need basically the opposite to auto play. Which basically shows the pop-up preview for next episode, but instead of auto playing the next, it auto stops, with the option to click play next episode.

Any chance to bring this option to emby web?

Yes it is planned for the future. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi.  This option exists in Android TV and Roku.  It is called "Runaway playback prevention".

Works fine in Android TV but I've never gotten it to work in Roku for Live TV.  My dad will turn on the news at night and it's still playing in the morning with huge transcode files on the server.

On the Shield the playback prevention kicks in and will exit back to the guide if you don't acknowledge it.

Works fine in Android TV but I've never gotten it to work in Roku for Live TV.  

Just hasn't been implemented for Live TV in Roku yet.  Probably this beta cycle.