Multiple duplicate media libraries

wyst

I installed emby for the first time on my synology nas. I am running 4.0.2.0, which it says is "up to date". I created a "Movies" folder, and a "TV Shows" folder, and pointed them to already existing and populated folders. For some reason, I now have > 90 folders with some variation of "TV Shows", "TV Shows1", "TV Show11", etc. When this first happened, many of them appeared in the Server -> Library menu, and I was able to delete them using that interface. However, all of the clients I have used (FireFox browser, Chrome browser and Roku client) all show these multiple media folders, and I can't figure out a way to remove them.

The clients are also VERY VERY slow (both the Server pages, and the client pages), but that might be some side effect of the multiple folders it is trying to read.

I have tried rescanning. I have restarted the server a couple of times. I have logged into and out of the clients, in case something was being cached, all to no avail. The "Alerts" section shows a single "Scan media library failed", but it is from 2 days ago, and I have clicked on the rescan button several times since then.

If it isn't obvious, I am NOT a veteran emby user, so if there is some obvious thing I am missing, please feel free to just point me at it...

I searched through this forum, but while there were some similar problems, most of them cleared up on their own. This has persisted for 2 days now.

I've included a screen shot of the Server Library page, where it only shows 2 items, and a shot of the home page of one of the clients which shows a bunch (though not all!) of the duplicate items.

Can anyone help a little noob out here?

Thanks!post-436571-0-80900000-1552024922_thumb.pngpost-436571-0-62419200-1552024935_thumb.png

Sadly, that didn't work. After I deleted the library, when ever I ran the scan, it would quickly fail with a stack that started out with:

Could not find a part of the path "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/root/default/TV shows"
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo+<EnumerateFileSystemInfos>d__47.MoveNext () [0x00097] in <06b73b509b314fc8a9db8d5f73b3c223>:0
at System.Linq.Enumerable+SelectEnumerableIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToArray () [0x00030] in <badee9b5b53f4a3c92ce72164f2a8645>:

I did that a couple of times, to the same error. I then sshed into the box, and did a mkdir for that folder (and chowned it to match the folder next to it), but that just moved the error to

Could not find a part of the path "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/root/default/TV shows1"

so I gave up. I uninstalled all of emby, then reinstalled, so I could start from scratch. I've added back a "TV shows" media library, and it is very slowly scanning the folder.

Thanks for the suggestion, it at least gave me some clues. Happily, I hadn't invested much time into configuration, so reinstalling isn't a big deal.

Did you move your install folder at any point?

Not knowingly. I clicked through various screens in the admin panel, while "looking around", if there is an option to move the folder in there, I might have hit it by accident, but nothing I tried to do.

If you mean from a terminal, I only tried using ssh after the scan error showed up (I had to enable terminal access to do it, as I normally leave that off on my nas), and only created the one folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still having an issue with this?

Oh, nice of you to ask. I uninstalled emby, than reinstalled from scratch, which removed that problem, and I was able to get a sane install.

Sadly, the Roku emby client turned out to be so horrifically slow, that it was useless, so I ended up uninstalling it again (the iOS client was reasonably snappy, so it was the Roku at fault, not the server).

What was slow about it?

Trying to display any media. I had created a "TV Shows" library, the update was finished. But attempting to simply "see" what was available just brought up spinning balls. By picking genres that didn't have many entries, I could sometimes see what the entries looked like, but it was so slow, it was useless.

I downloaded the Emby app for my iPad, and it had no such troubles. I was able to quickly look at the libraries (they were both hooked up on the same mesh, so bandwidth should have been identical). So, I blame the Roku app, such as that means much.

However, as the reason I had installed the server was to use it on my Roku (which is attached to my large TV), that didn't help much.

I installed a different media server on the NAS, and pointed it at the same files, and the Roku client for it works much better.

Trying to display any media. I had created a "TV Shows" library, the update was finished. But attempting to simply "see" what was available just brought up spinning balls. By picking genres that didn't have many entries, I could sometimes see what the entries looked like, but it was so slow, it was useless.

I downloaded the Emby app for my iPad, and it had no such troubles. I was able to quickly look at the libraries (they were both hooked up on the same mesh, so bandwidth should have been identical). So, I blame the Roku app, such as that means much.

However, as the reason I had installed the server was to use it on my Roku (which is attached to my large TV), that didn't help much.

I installed a different media server on the NAS, and pointed it at the same files, and the Roku client for it works much better.

Hi.  Can you reproduce this slow response in the Roku app and then attach the server log from when that happened here?

Thanks.

FrostByte

I saw something very similar to the OP with the multiple library icons a few days ago.  I had refreshed the main page and I got back nothing but media folders all the way down.  I went into my user options and noticed Emby had changed every section of the Home Screen to display "My Media".  Put everything back and all has been good since.  Was weird though.