4.0.2.0: Music tags not read

vdams

Hello,

all content of my music library is already tagged with musicbrainz tags, but informations are not retrieveb by Emby.

I'm testing software for 1 months, and music module is mandatory for me to stay on this product.

The only way to find tags, was to edit manually each album.

embyserver20180308-0031.txt

• Like 1

FrostByte

I just noticed the same with several albums because I've been adding mbz ids to my wma files lately on server 4.1.0.11 beta and nothing shows up in the webclient.   I've added the ids for albums, deleted the old nfo, refreshed metadata, run scans, etc but the mbz ids for albums and release groups just aren't being added to Emby unless I do it manually.  I've checked the nfo file in notepad and nothing is added there like it is with others. 

I'm sitting behind a VPN right now, but not sure if that would effect Emby from grabbing the mzb ids, or not.  Unless it has to do some type of verification with mbz, or something before adding.  I can test more later when I'm done with the VPN

5c828d5326f47_DB2.jpg

5c828e472c3b1_mbz.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Okay, my issue was fixed by disconnecting the VPN on Synology and then refreshing metadata.  Tags were read from files and added to Emby correctly.  So now I have to figure out why Emby can't talk to mbz when my VPN is on.

As i have other issues opened in the time, in another post, i had got advice to uninstall CoverArt.

Up to now, i haven't reinstall it.

I don't know if it could be linked, but now i've pictures displayed for albums and artists.

Link:

Edited by vdams