Audio Track Selection/Preference

MikeyMan

MikeyMan

Hi all,

Somehow i'm recently running more and more into the issue that files that are played through Emby (with in my case MCE) get played in Stereo, while a mmore advanced track is available.

As far as i can see there is no way to change the audio track from the interface.

My question:

- Would it be possible to add a 'priority list' for playback somewhere in the general settings? For me that would look like:

1. DTS

2. Dolby Digital 5.1

3. Stereo

Or something like that. Could be automated from high to low even...

- Would it be possible to add audio-track change to the interface?

Much appreciated if this could be sorted out!

Edited by MikeyMan

As far as i can see there is no way to change the audio track from the interface.

Hi there, why do you feel there's no way to change the audio track? Have you explored the buttons inside the video player?

As far as defaults go, have you explored your emby user audio language preferences?

MikeyMan

Hi there, why do you feel there's no way to change the audio track? Have you explored the buttons inside the video player?

As far as defaults go, have you explored your emby user audio language preferences?

I might be missing something, but with MCE combined with Emby i only have aspect ratio and rewind/forward options?

The user language settings seem to do just that; set the language. Not so much the audio quality or surround as far as i can see.

Edited by MikeyMan

Ok yes MCE is an exception because we're using the Windows Media Center video player and there's nothing we can do to change the presentation of it.  You might consider checking out Emby Theater which does have these features:

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

MikeyMan

Ok, that's clear from an interface perspective...

Would it not be able to do something about the preferred audio quality/tracks from the server side then?

No because mce will typically direct play, so the video player has to select the track client side. In mce there's just no way for us to do this.