Movies suddenly not playing - no covers

mikevets

mikevets

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is related to Emby but seeing some really strange behaviour today. Went to turn on a Movie for my son and noticed that half (if not more) of the movies are missing covers. If you go to open them, nothing happens. Things were fine a couple of days ago so not sure what has happened... sure enough, trying to open on my PC and the files cannot be opened - standard "Windows Media Player cannot play this file..." VLC also fails.

Movies are stored on a NAS on my local LAN - nothing has changed from a hardware perspective. Strange thing is, some movies work eg \\NAS\Movies\MovieA\Movie.mkv opens and plays fine. \\NAS\Movies\MovieB\MovieB.mkv, located in the same folder doesn't (rules out permissions). 

Has anyone else experienced this or got any ideas on where to start? I also noticed that trying to Scan All Libraries doesn't seem to fully complete

Thanks, Steve

post-3745-0-44421500-1551863940_thumb.jpg 

Are you sure the files are actually there and accessible?

Also, looks like a library scan is in progress.  You may need to wait for that to complete before everything is available.

mikevets

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, positive the files are there are I can copy them around different locations.

How long do I need to give scan to run? It seems to get stuck at the same point - had it running for 10 minutes now and will leave it going for a while. As mentioned, this was working fine so I'm unsure as to what has happened....

hi @@mikevets, if you click on the title that is not playing and open the detail screen, what is the media info shown at the bottom of the screen? Can you show a screenshot of that? Thanks !