Emby deleted all my movies when I deleted just one

zerohaste

zerohaste

This just happened to me. Searching the forums I can see that it has happened to at least one other person. I started to read the string of responses, helpful/unhelpful suggestions and other stuff his post received and, frankly, I started to get really pissed off.

The fact of the matter is that several hundred movies are gone and I cannot do anything to get them back. I understand that this sort of thing happens and I could/should have taken steps to prevent the movie files from being unrecoverable. Primary of which would have been to enable the Recycle bin in my movies folder on my Synology DS218+. I didn't do this because I don't make mistakes like accidentally deleting shit I value. Never did I expect software to do this on its own. Now I know. Lesson learned thanks to you Emby. 

I am ready to move to another service, but I thought I would post this and see if anyone has any suggestions. 

Hi there, I apologize for the disruption. Can you please attach an emby server log from when this happened? Thanks !

neik

This is the second case I have to read someone loosing his/her whole library during a scan.

I'm getting worried tbh.

My DB is converted from 3.x to 4.x should we start over with clean DB from scratch to avoid this?!

maegibbons

Before everyone panics, lets see and digest the logs of this latest reported incident.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

CBers

For anyone else reading this, or any of the other threads on a similar subject and still being concerned, disable the DELETE option for all users you have on your server for the time being.

• Like 1