Errors in Logs

bigverm23

bigverm23

was trying out Cloud Sync now that I have signed for Google Drive unlimited and while peeking through logs I noticed a few things that I would like to better understand and see if I can resolve.

Profile: Cloud Sync, Path: /home/${USER}/media/tvshows/I Love Lucy/Season 01/I Love Lucy - S01E01 - The Girls Want to Go to a Nightclub Bluray-720p.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: FalseBitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 6542666, max bitrate: 4000000
Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 6542666, max bitrate: 4000000
Profile: Cloud Sync, Path: /home/${USER}/media/tvshows/The Handmaid's Tale/Season 01/The Handmaid's Tale - S01E02 - Birth Day HDTV-1080p.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: False
Not eligible for DirectPlay due to unsupported subtitles
Not eligible for DirectStream due to unsupported subtitles

Are these telling me these particular files are not eligible for Direct Play/Stream from the Cloud (google drive)? or just in general?

embyserver.txt

Edited by bigverm23

bigverm23

in general

Ok so, trying to understand why it cant be direct played.....the

max bitrate: 4000000 is 720p

but what does that mean?

bigverm23

I do indeed - 8 Mpbs - which is why I was thinking these messages might be related to cloudsync, but....

Edited by bigverm23

These are not errors. Why do you feel these are errors? We'll just stop logging them.

bigverm23

I used the term loosely - my apologies.

I am simply trying to figure out the context behind the info in the logs which leads me to a few questions:

1. what determines the max bitrate in the logs below (only setting I have on the server is for remote streaming of 8 Mbps)?

2.  are the logs below telling me this is an actual issue or just giving me info and nothing more?

3.  as this seemingly occurred during cloudscan does that have anything to do with it?

Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 6542666, max bitrate: 4000000
Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 6542666, max bitrate: 4000000

These are just logging messages for developers. If you want to know why something is transcoding, have you checked the server dashboard active devices section during video playback?