Video Playback Doesn't Start in Mobile Apps That Are on Cellular

Abe87

When my phone is on cellular I can not play video files in the Android app. When I hit play on a video file the loading circle animation starts and the app switches into landscape mode. I can still see the info page for the video file in the background. No matter how long I wait the video playback will not start. The app will stay in landscape mode until I exit the app. I have tried setting the bitrate from auto to a fixed rate and that did not help. I have tried multiple videos all have the same result. I had another user try on his iPhone and it fails immediately with a playback error.

My system is setup with a reverse proxy and is accessible outside of my lan. I can play videos on my phone when accessing my server using my domain name in the web browser while on cellular. I can also play videos when accessing my server through app.emby.media in the browser on my phone while on cellular. I can hotspot my phone and playback video on a Roku stick. I have a server log but no transcode log since playback doesn't start. I would rather not post these logs publicly since it contains my reverse proxy domain. My server is Version 4.0.2.0 and it says that it is up to date. My server is running Ubuntu 18.04 desktop. Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks

Sorry I don't understand what you are asking for. I have done all the steps in that link besides providing the log file. I can provide the log file but would prefer to not post it publicly.