Wrong title in Movie-Collection (by auto boxset)

CChris

CChris

Hi,
I've noticed that the Auto-BoxSet Plugin has moved one of my movies into a collection, where it does not belong to.

In fact, it is a remake of one of the movies that belongs to the collection...

That is the official content of the "Living Dead" Collection by George A. Romero.

One film, 'Dawn of the Dead' was released in 1978 - and was not moved into the collection after I've added it to my library.
I had to add the movie manually to the collection.

5c7cee2c8f5ef_2019030410_18_20Nightofthe

In 2004 a remake of the movie 'Dawn of the Dead' was released, but it was not produced by George A. Romero and it does not belong to the movie collection.

But after adding the movie to my Library, I just noticed, that it was added to the "Living Dead" Collection:

5c7cef05cf4a9_2019030410_16_05Emby.png

Also, another Issue I just noticed while creating the Screenshots:
I have two versions of the first movie from 1968.
The Original Black and white (which is the one shown in the Collection - "Die Nacht der lebenden Toten") - and a colorized version.
The Colorized Version file is saved within the same folder as the Black & white Version - and I have added it manually to the collection.
But now, it's not shown anymore.

5c7cefff4bb68_2019030410_28_19Filme.png
5c7cf01530947_2019030410_28_40Filme.png
5c7cf026d412c_2019030410_29_03Filme.png

my main question is, should I just remove the wrong added movie from the collection and should I just add the colorized version of Night of the Living Dead manually to the collection?
Or will the plugin add the wrong title again to the collection and probably remove the colorized version again?

Hi there, why do you feel the title is wrong? Have you compared to MovieDb?

CChris

hm... okey. Then, the information in the Movie DB is wrong, because this movie is just a remake of the "original" title - which is part of the collection.
Also, the colorized version is not listed as part of the collection in the movie db... which is odd, since it is basically the same movie, just colorized...

Is there a way to change this collection manually and prevent it from being updated again?

laie_techie

Also, the colorized version is not listed as part of the collection in the movie db... which is odd, since it is basically the same movie, just colorized...

I believe this might be because of the way you named the files:

Night of the Living Dead (1968) - Color.mkv

Night of the Living Dead (1968) - Black and White.mkv

This way they are recognized as multi versions of the same movie

• Like 1

CChris

thanks a lot!
That's a good information and it seems, that I just haven't recognized this when checking the naming guidelines :)

Right this has nothing to do with the collection. The collection is just showing you what's already in your library.

CChris

Hi, just another question:
I've changed my file names in the way, that emby has recognized the different versions of the same movie.

But now, I am trying to change the folder structure in order to keep all movies which belong to a series in a folder.

e.g.

alien collection /
-- 01 - alien (1979) /
---- alien (1979) - Cinema Cut.mkv
---- alien (1979) - Director's Cut.mkv
-- 02 - aliens (1985) /
---- aliens (1985) - Cinema Cut.mkv
---- aliens (1985) - Director's Cut.mkv
-- 03 - alien3 (1992) /
---- alien3 (1992) - Cinema Cut.mkv
---- alien3 (1992) - Director's Cut.mkv

and so on...

Now, Emby does not recognize the two mkv files as different editions of the same movie.
It has worked well as long as I have not used the top "alien collection" folder.

Also, it seems that with this structure, emby has some problems identifying some movies.
The Software was able to identify the movies as long as I used my old folder structure without the top collection folders.

I know, there are some restrictions for file naming and folder structures, but I thought, it should work in this way?

rbjtech

Organising a collection of related movies under 'sub folder' is actually counter productive and is not how collections are tied together.  This actually makes it much easier to organise from a 'file' perspective as you can then have media across multiple sources, TV shows, Films etc all in a 'collection' should you wish.

Keep the file structure as you likely had previously - ie one folder per movie - (named with the film year in brackets) and then use Auto'Box sets to automatically tie them together - or do it yourself with an 'add to collection' on each media title.

To keep modified meta-data changes - you'll need to 'lock' the meta-data (in mete data manager) - otherwise a refresh will clean out any changes you have made. 

so using your example ..

/alien (1979) /
alien (1979) - Cinema Cut.mkv
alien (1979) - Director's Cut.mkv
/aliens (1985) /
aliens (1985) - Cinema Cut.mkv
aliens (1985) - Director's Cut.mkv
/alien3 (1992) /
alien3 (1992) - Cinema Cut.mkv
alien3 (1992) - Director's Cut.mkv

.. and let AutoBox sets do it's thing - or create a collection yourself manually and just add the 6 films ..

Edited by rbjtech

CChris

I already figured out how Multi Version Films are working.

And while I'm already worked with Auto Boxset I Just thought emby could also handle this Feature while haveing all Films of one collection collected together in the same folder.

It was just surprising to me that it did Not Work in that way.

Happy2Play

And while I'm already worked with Auto Boxset I Just thought emby could also handle this Feature while haveing all Films of one collection collected together in the same folder.

It can, folders and filenames need to match to be grouped.  So if you want to use 01 Alien (1979) the you have to name the file 01 Alien (1979) - whatever.  But now you have to identify everything yourself as there is no such movie by that name.  You are better off using the Collection display order (sortname or release date) with propernames.

laie_techie

It can, folders and filenames need to match to be grouped.  So if you want to use 01 Alien (1979) the you have to name the file 01 Alien (1979) - whatever.  But now you have to identify everything yourself as there is no such movie by that name.  You are better off using the Collection display order (sortname or release date) with propernames.

I also group based on a series, but I don't put the film number in the name of the folder:

The Lord of the Rings (2001)
The Lord of the Rings (2001)/The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
The Lord of the Rings (2001)/The Two Towers (2002)
The Lord of the Rings (2001)/The Return of the King (2003)
I often include the starting year in my collection names because of reboots. As an example for The Lord of the Rings, there was an animated series starting in 1977 in addition to the Peter Jackson trilogy.
  • Like 1

CChris

All right, thanks für the Info regarding the same File and folder Name.

That was the Point i needed to know