Why am I seeing movies I didn't put on my server?

MichaelMcA

MichaelMcA

I think I installed the server properly, and I put all of the movie DVDs I've purchased in folders as recommended.  I am now seeing many, many additional movies that I don't own.  Is it possible for other people to use my computer to host their content?  I see things I don't want my kids exposed to available.  I don't want content available that I didn't put on the server.  Where is all this coming from?

I am running Windows Server Version 4.0.0.2, and I have a paid premiere account.

Thanks!

samuelqwe

Are these trailers by any chance? Can you actually watch that content?

chowbok

It's probably misidentifying movies you do have. If you go to one of these movies in Emby through a web browser, what does it say at the bottom, under "Media Info" for "Path"? Something you recognize?

MichaelMcA

Thanks for getting back to me guys!  samuelqwe: You're correct, they are not the actual movies, they're just advertisements. So that's good. I was afraid to click on content that was not mine.

Luke: See attached screenshot. There are 3 movies of mine, 11 that are not.  Searching through ads to find my content is unexpected... do you guys know if there is a way to turn the ads off?

5c7f43be9c933_screenshot.jpg

We don't have ads like that. Try using the metadata editor function on one of them and it will show you the corresponding file path for that movie. It is probably something that was mis-detected. Thanks.

MichaelMcA

Luke-

Thank you very much! That was it... metadata. 

Your suggestion (metadata editor) showed where the problem was... emby picking up "00017.m2ts" as "17 again", "00021.m2ts" as "21 Jump Street", etc. All fixed.

My problem was that I didn't even know where to start.  Thanks again for helping raw new user.  Using info from you guy's replies gave me keywords to search and I feel I know how everything works so much better now.

Thanks again,

Michael.

MichaelMcA

I re-ripped the Blu-ray disc as mp4 rather than leaving all the m2t files. Works fine.  We have a Samsung smart tv, the emby app run (mostly) fine on that and we're happy.