44 replies to this topic

#41 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Local time: 04:17 AM

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:59 PM

@Luke, @ebr and @softworkz you guys have been silent on this for a very long time. This needs to become a priority. Zap2it only allows 3 days of epg download now. I can switch to mc2xml but that would require me to completely redo all my epg sources in Emby again.

We ABSOLUTELY need the ability to unmap channels and to be able to match a channel on tvg-Id instead of just a name or even partial name.

You have said channel management and better epg has been coming for months yet there is no movement on it. Please take action on this and get something into beta soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#42 DemonLourde OFFLINE  

DemonLourde

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 05:17 AM

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:45 PM

Thought iā€™d Add my 2 cents.I have tested and can verify newest Plex running xteve can handle 972 channels at least.Reason I say that is because I have my XTream bouquet set for us,Canada,uk and sports and with The grouped us,ca and Uk with nothing set for each of the 3 filters xteve finds 972 matches and Plex loads and plays each one.i will post updates as I add to the bouquet and see just how many Plex can handle.the more u add the longer the refresh is only drawback I found and it takes forever to scroll the peg lol šŸ˜

#43 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138075 posts
  • Local time: 05:17 AM

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:54 PM

Emby can handle just as many. Thanks for the feedback.

#44 mark-in-dallas OFFLINE  

mark-in-dallas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 04:17 AM

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:29 AM

I would agree that channel mapping and management does need improvement, but just the other day I decided to attempt mapping my IPTV service though the Emby Guide and using its EPG, and while it took a little time to remap the channels correctly, I was able to do so, and the Gracenote Guide through EMBY is far, far superior to the EPG data I had been using for the last several months from 2 third party providers.

Yes it took a little effort to do so, and yes it could use improvement, but it can be done and it is well worth the effort.

#45 Red5ive OFFLINE  

Red5ive

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Local time: 10:17 AM

Posted 15 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

Well it can matter depending on how you use NPVR.

...If you still wanted to use Emby's EPG data then you will still have the issues mentioned in this thread, but at least gain redundancy of tuners sources (combined), multi-rec, status panel to see what "tuners" are being used (even from M3U sources), etc.  These are all planned for Emby but would be immediately available to those who setup NPVR and export out a channel list, modify it with the "client" parameter and then set this up as an M3U source in Emby.

To me personally it's not terrible at all.  You can do all this now if you want to install TVHeadend.  NPVR is just a lot easier to setup and use then TVH for most people.

@cayars  (or anyone else who has done similar) Can you advise on how to achieve this?

What settings in NextPVR to output the channel list, what to modify on it and how to set Emby up to import it?

Thanks in advance!

@cayars

Edited by Red5ive, 16 October 2019 - 01:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users