Guide data gaps only on android tv

tdiguy

tdiguy

I dont know how this is possible, but it seems like there are guide data gaps on the andriod tv app that do not show up when i view the guide on my computer. For example right now on 867 / TLC it is say yes to the dress on my computer but on my mi box it says no guide data.

tdiguy

Hi, can you please show a screenshot example? Thanks.

Sure. In this example channel 783 on the mi box is missing guide data, on my computer the data is there.

post-215172-0-27190900-1551637731_thumb.jpg

post-215172-0-48584900-1551637746_thumb.png

samuelqwe

This is a bug I see quite often myself. I have this same problem with the Fire TV where some channels will show up with no guide data, unless you scroll the guide until the channel is no longer visible and you scroll back. That usually causes to reload and show the proper information.

Edited by samuelqwe

samuelqwe

Is it the same Emby user logged into both apps?

In my case, yes. Not sure about @@tdiguy

Edited by samuelqwe

This is a bug I see quite often myself. I have this same problem with the Fire TV where some channels will show up with no guide data, unless you scroll the guide until the channel is no longer visible and you scroll back. That usually causes to reload and show the proper information.

Pretty sure this is a different situation than the OP.

samuelqwe

Pretty sure this is a different situation than the OP.

It may be different, but it appears in a very similar way. I was also wondering if OP was able to load the information by scrolling that channel out of view and then scrolling back to it.

Edited by samuelqwe

I was also wondering if OP was able to load the information by scrolling that channel out of view and then scrolling back to it.

That, as well as the question about users, would be good information.

What you are seeing usually happens only after certain other events and also is usually more wide-spread (e.g. the whole page is missing data until you scroll around).  Correct...?

samuelqwe

That, as well as the question about users, would be good information.

What you are seeing usually happens only after certain other events and also is usually more wide-spread (e.g. the whole page is missing data until you scroll around). Correct...?

Yes that’s correct.

tdiguy

Is it the same Emby user logged into both apps?

No it was 2 different users, but oddly enough when it was tlc it was say yes to the dress for like 2 hours and only 30 minutes of it did not show on the guide.

In order to make this a more equivalent test, can you try the same user in both apps? Thanks.

No it was 2 different users, but oddly enough when it was tlc it was say yes to the dress for like 2 hours and only 30 minutes of it did not show on the guide.

Any parental control involved in your setup...?

Your situation looks to me like parental control blocking.

tdiguy

I havent been able to really test much lately, work and commuting to work has been consuming a lot of my time but it does seem like for me this is a parental control thing.