Convert - sync to original folder - Stuck on Transferring

bennymac

bennymac

Hi,

Recently i started playing around with converting individual items to match stream speed limits set on some users.

When converting individual items those task seems to complete ok, but dong multiple items e.g. converting a season folder with 10 eps the process seems to constantly get stuck regardless how long i wait.

If i stop the task, exit Emby server and re-run the Sync task i see the item copy to the folder on the server but then the task gets stuck again on "Transferring" and the remaining items are "Ready to Transfer"

I'm running Emby 4.02 on Windows with SSD for local partition/cache.

Thanks.

5c7b385e14799_stuck.jpg

You have one in progress transferring. It is probably just taking a long time to copy the file to it's destination location.

bennymac

You have one in progress transferring. It is probably just taking a long time to copy the file to it's destination location.

Hi Luke,

The file is only 200mb and it's all local storage (no cloud sync) and it's been sitting there for 24 hours.

I can convert a single 5gb movie files and the process happens fairly quickly, but anything multi seems to get stuck.

Edited by bennymac

bennymac

Hi Luke,

Thanks. Server log attached.

I wanted to add that in testing i created 2 separate conversions tasks that completed successfully each time. 2 different tv series - season 1 folders.

I then did another conversion task and added the original season 1 folder i attempted previously and the task is stuck at transferring again.

On the server I can see the converted files sitting in the local sync directory and the converted MP4 files play fine.

5c7e2095cbd12_stuck.png

The dashboard shows the first ep is still stuck on Transferring and the local server folder shows the converted MP4 and the VTT files 

5c7e1edb47702_DashboardshowingEP1stuck.p

5c7e1f01cfc6a_LocalServerFoldershowingEP

Hope the log helps.

Thanks.

embyserver.txt

Edited by bennymac

Well your log is filled with errors about network paths not being reachable:

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found : '\\vegeta\music\Post Malone\Beerbongs & Bentleys'

The only thing i can think of is that the file transfer has gotten stuck due to some kind of network problem. I would suggest making sure all of your network shares are fully operational.

Additionally if these are on the same machine as the server, then I would suggest setting up your libraries with the local path rather than the network path. Thanks.

bennymac

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the reply. 

I removed Music from Emby in favour of Spotify but hadn't removed the folder from the library. That has been sorted now.

As the storage and Emby are all local i've now changed from UNC paths to local paths and re-scanned - like u suggested.

I've removed the conversion task for the particular series and re-done it and it still gets stuck at that same point as before.

There must be something about that particular Series.

Edited by bennymac