Unhandled Exeption from plugin

MPavlis76

MPavlis76

Hello,

I just automatically upgrade my MB3 to last version 3.0.5238.39498, but immediately after server start, I received dialog box with Unhandled Exeption error information. I tried to find any relevant information in MB3 logs, but maybe I'm newbie, but I don't know, where the problem is. Could you please help me?

Note: I don't know why, but at the end of log file is information about MBPlus plugin, so I think that error could be in this cool plugin. Is there any way, how to completely disable plugins, when web interface isn't running?

Relevant logs are attached here: https://db.tt/z329APuy

Thanks in advance,

Martin 

Sorry about that. Since Ebr is currently out of town, you should remove mb plus until he gets back. if you can't do it from the dashboard you can do it from {Appdata}\Roaming\MediaBrowserServer\plugins. just delete the .dll file.

Yeah, looking at the error - I think the server update was coincidental.

Moving this to plug-in forum.

Martin - can you narrow down exactly what you were doing when this happened?  And, does it reproduce all the time?

MPavlis76

Thank you for quick response..

1) I tried to delete MBPlus.dll, but with no effect

• the true is, that I just rename this dll, not deleted

2) Believe me or not, but the true is, that the only thing what I did, was exactly nothing! I was on my business trip for 3 days and after these day, it only tell me this. So I thought, that there must be connection to last build.

• But I allowed and scheduled server auto-update process with beta builds
  • Same with plugins, only beta version

I remember, that before I left my home, I spent some time with MBPlus configuration. I did few new views on my movies like Sci-fi, Comedy, etc.

Regards,

Martin

MPavlis76

Thajské to all you guys..

What I did:

- I deleted MBPlus.dll and everything works like a charm! Great!

Then:

- from plug-in catalog i downloaded actual version of MBPlus again and it works as well!

So it looks like that my problem was only in update process - server was updated, but MBPlus not. If there is connection between server and plug-in, which could end with crash of whole system, from my point of view, it looks like that this process must be safer.

Anyway - thanks a lot again for your excellent support!

Regards,

Martin

Thanks for the info Martin. You do actually need to delete the plugin though. Renaming it won't do the job.

The error I saw in your log should only occur when you are actually trying to configure MB Plus.

But, one thing I noticed was you are not on the latest version of MB Plus.  Can you please try updating to version 0.1.0.5 and see if the problem still occurs?

MPavlis76

Hi guys ;)

Problem is back: New day has come and I get absolutelly same situation like yesterday

Solution: I deleted MBPlus.dll and everything is now OK

Hmm, because today, I manually didn't upgrade server, or plugin, or their configuration, it's wierd, don't you think?

Lately I found, that MBPlus has new version and because version 1.0.5.0 has problem with my MB3 server, I tried to upgrade to plugin version 1.0.6.0, but it doesn't help, I had to MBPlus deleted from my plugins directory.

Logfiles: https://db.tt/iwAhTYlP

Thanks in advance for any help or workaround.

Regards

Martin

Were you adjusting the configuration of MBPlus at the time?  Specifically, a custom channel?

Can you attach your MBPlus.xml file that can be found on the server machine in %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\Plugins\Configurations?

Thanks Martin.

I know what the problem was and I already fixed it in the program in version 0.1.0.7.  If your server hasn't already updated to that version please do so.

The problem is fixed but it affected your config file so you need to replace it with the one I've attached below.

Thanks - you helped fix a bug.

MBPlus.zip