Emby for kodi not releasing Hdhomerun prime tuner

hycel

Hi,

I have a problem when trying to watch live tv.. Have emby setup with live tv. If i use the emby app on my iphone, through the browser on the computer or emby app on apple tv or smart tv, it releases tuner after stopping playback. When using emby in kodi to watch live tv, the tuner stays locked after playback. I'm on emby server 4.0.2.0 and the kodi plugin version is 4.0.5

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Angelblue05

I see the issue. Let me make a custom build for you so you can confirm.

Edit: give me a bit to write the solution. I’ll ping you when ready.

Edited by Angelblue05

Sure does. This build fixes the problem. Thank you very much!

Will there be an update on the official repo?

Thanks again!

Edited by hycel
  • Like 1

Sounds good! 

Noticed one more thing with the new test build. When one channel is playing, and you try to change to another channel it doesn't release the tuner as well. You have to stop the steam for it to be released.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Can you provide a Kodi log capturing this? Thank you

Edit: There is a good chance this is already resolved with the beta version of the addon. Please wait for the next version and you'll be able to confirm (version 4.0.12a or higher)

Edited by Angelblue05

Hi,

Just tested 4.0.12a

Stopping playback releases the tuner. Switching to a different channel while one is playing releases the tuner if there is one free tuner available. I have an hdhomerun prime with 3 tuners. If one tuner is in use, and i play a channel in kodi then switching to a different channel will work. If two tuners are in use. I play something in kodi which uses the 3rd tuner then switching to a different channel won't work. Have to stop the stream in kodi.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, i will have to think about this.

The issue is when you switch without stopping playback, the stop playback function isn’t called to close the stream until right before the next item plays, which is too late as it is after the second livetv stream is opened. I will have to think if there’s a better way to handle it...