Switching between Latest, Unwatched and Watched

dansblackcat

dansblackcat

Just out of curiosity, in MBC how long should it take when switching between Latest, Unwatched and Watched on the EHS?

I'm running Chocolate theme an it seems to take an awfully long time, can be up-to a minute or two.

AdrianW

Pretty sure he means that after switching Latest, Unwatched and Watched that it takes a long time before the posters change to the new items on the EHS.

I've seen this myself, where I'll switch modes and the EHS will be empty for a while before it populates with posters.

Although, testing it just now it was almost instant.

dansblackcat

Yes AdrianW, that's exactly what I meant.  EHS is empty for a while before the posters repopulate but if I exit MBC and enter back in the posters are there instantly.

I also noticed that there is a similar issue with the actors images taking quite a while to be displayed.

If I can't find what's causing the issue then I will post logs and server/client details when I get home. I wasn't sure if this was normal behaviour or not so I didn't post them in the OP.

dansblackcat

Ok, I've noticed that if I enter into MBC and it is set to show "Latest" my 'Movies tab' will instantly populate as I scroll between Latest, Unwatched and Played.  'TV' and 'Music' are still very slow. 

However if I exit MBC and for example I leave the setting on "Played or Unwatched" all 3 of my collections are blank for a minute or two and take a similar amount of time to repopulate as I scroll between the three settings, even Movies which worked perfectly if I left the setting on Latest.

Also when Movies is working fine, if I go to TV and change from Latest to Unwatched and go back to Movies it now too takes a minute of two before it displays anything.

I'm hoping this makes much sense here as it does in my head.

Server Version 3.0.5238.39498 (W8 x64)

Client Verson 3.0.163.0 5-3.2  (W7 x64)

MBC Log

http://pastebin.com/3fTuvJAi

Edited by dansblackcat

The log you provided was in the situation where it was fast.  All those recent list loads took less than a half second.

dansblackcat

Oh ok,  try this one.

http://pastebin.com/KwnfkiTr

Note:  "Info,,RAL child retrieval for TV option unwatched took 0.06 seconds.,37,Worker thread for Newest Item Loader".  It was around a minute before I saw any covers appear on my screen.

Edited by dansblackcat

The log actually ends 24 seconds after that retrieval but I understand that can feel like a minute or more.

I'm not sure what is going on here unless it is just taking time for your server to serve up the images.

My lists are produced almost instantly.  How many TV items do you have?

dansblackcat

What I don't get is if I switch to Unwatched and quickly exit MBC and re-enter all the posters are already displayed, this is less than a matter of seconds.

I have: 137 Series with around 6000 episodes.

It used to work perfectly and I never notice any kind of delay.  I'm not sure when it started slowing down.

My actor images are also really slow.  I always assumed this was because there was so many of them (30000+).  I moved them all to an SSD on my server and am running across a wired gigabit network.  I remember them populating almost instantly but now I have a similar delay before i see any images.

dansblackcat

I managed to fix the problem by uninstalling both the Server and MBC, deleting all remaining Mediabrowser folders.  I also ran a registry cleaner that also removed any firewall entries.

Reinstalled both and set them both up.  Each time I installed a plug-in or made any changes to the settings I'd check to see if the problem was back.

Everything is now running perfectly.  Actor images have a slight delay, 3-5 seconds which I assume is due to the 30k+.