new playback start params

Luke

Discussed here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/wiki/Playback-Check-ins

- CanSeek - true/false. Tells the server if what you're playing is seekable (via any means)

- QueueableMediaTypes - Tells the server what kind of media can be queued on top of this. It's a comma delimited list. (audio,video,book,game,photo). If empty, nothing can be queued.

In order to retain compatibility for iOS, the server by default will assume you can handle everything. So it's strictly opt-out.

Clients with remote control UI's can now examine these values on the session object. For now just implement CanSeek. Don't worry about QueueableMediaTypes yet because we don't have the info available on folders for you to compare. So I need to figure that out first.

• Like 1

So, if I want to disable queuing of media to MBC until/if it is implemented, I specify an empty QueueableMediaTypes?

Validate and throw an error, or allow the remote controller to know ahead of time so that the queue button is just not available?

yes and eventually empty will be the default and the server will validate and throw an error to the remote controller. i just can't do that until Shiv has incorporated it or it will break his app.

both. the info is on the session object so that they can avoid making the call in the first place. if they do anyway, the server will throw an error.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder, with the next public server release we'll start to enforce CanSeek and QueueableMediaTypes. The server will throw an error if you try to remote control a client in a fashion that it doesn't support.

I've put these in MBC now.  However, the dash still shows a "Queue" button for the MBC session.  Has the validation just not been done yet?

Really not sure whether I'd set the Roku to be CanSeek or not. Considering I don't even have anything in place for setting up the web server and allowing remote usage, I guess I can just put it to false for now.