New Android connection logic

ivoidwarranties

ivoidwarranties

I just downloaded the new Android client... the new connection logic will allow me to specify a port, which I entered 80. But when the Media Browser app creates the connection profile, it replaces the port that was entered with what the actual port is configured to on the server.

In the old version, the connection profile will accept the port that was entered.

I use a web frontend so that I can expose different http servers on my internal network using one public IP address. The new connection logic forces the Media Browser app to use the port that is configured in Media Browser... which (for me) isn't allow through my firewall.

Anyway of changing it back to allow one to manually enter the port instead of auto detecting?

Thanks!

Edited by ivoidwarranties

Redshirt

I'll look at it tomorrow and see what I can come up with. 

Redshirt

@@Luke it would be nice if users could define their external port in the Advanced->Server section of the dashboard.

Redshirt

I haven't forgotten about this one, 

• 4 weeks later...
Scott84Z28

Hi.

Just checking if there have been any updates on this?  The Andoid client still won't allow a custom external port number.  It keeps defaulting back to 8096 which is what the internal server is listening too.

Thanks in advance!

Redshirt

A solution will be available in the next release.