No DTS Passthrough option - FireTV 4K

Pain

I moved my 4K FireTV to the living room, now the option DTS Passthrough is missing in Emby. The option was there when connected to the other TV. I have a receiver in the living room, I attached the FireTV to the receiver and still had no DTS Passthrough options and only plays DD. Should I plug the FireTv directly into the receiver? Or into the TV? The TV does support ARC..

Pain

This is the 4k fireTV. When it was hooked up to my other TV I saw the DTS option. I have read the 4K does support DTS passthru? I guess I'm confused. Can you explain please?

Here is a pic with Fire TV 4K on the bedroom Samsung with passthru option and on the Living room Samsung without the passthru option same fireTV

post-408165-0-34988300-1551379133_thumb.jpg

post-408165-0-94882800-1551379192_thumb.jpg

CBers

Here is a pic with Fire TV 4K on the bedroom Samsung with passthru option and on the Living room Samsung without the passthru option same fireTV

Is the Samsung in your bedroom older than the one in the lounge?

What models are they, as I understand that the newer Samsung TV's don't support DTS.

@@FrostByte?

FrostByte

Samsung stopped supporting DTS altogether starting with 2018 models.   2017 is the only year Samsung TVs did DTS-HD, all others only support DTS.  Other limits apply depending on how you have things hooked up.  Obviously only eARC supports HD audio, etc, etc

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Not sure on the years but the bedroom one is newer last year which shows the passthru option. The living room one is older 2016?. If the 4K Fire TV doesn't support DTS then why is the option there on one TV anyways? I want to hook up the FireTV to the receiver HDMI for the DTS, DTS-MA and Atmos. But when I do there is no passthru option. Only if installed on the newer bedroom Samsung due I see those options. 

The Fire has never supported DTS so I'm not sure why you are seeing the option.  If you turn it on, do you get audio?

Both options checked and I have audio.. So is the Nvidia Shield the only thing that supports DTS-HD, True-HD and atmos?

So is the Nvidia Shield the only thing that supports DTS-HD, True-HD and atmos?

Yes, at this point in time.

• 1 year later...
vagoss2006
On 2/28/2019 at 6:27 PM, ebr said:

The Fire has never supported DTS so I'm not sure why you are seeing the option.  If you turn it on, do you get audio?

Firestick 4K support DTS passthrough.  I can confirm that it works.  My Denon X6300H lights up as DTS when I play files through Emby.  Please note that it just recently just working.  A few months ago Emby woukd transcode it to DD+.  Now it shows DTS.

Edited by vagoss2006

vagoss2006
On 2/27/2019 at 10:06 PM, Pain said:

This is the 4k fireTV. When it was hooked up to my other TV I saw the DTS option. I have read the 4K does support DTS passthru? I guess I'm confused. Can you explain please?

Firestick 4K can do DTS passthrough now.  I can confirm that. My Denon X6300H lights up DTS playing files through Emby server.  Please note it just recently just working maybe an update, but It wasnt working a few months ago.