Audio Playback: "Play random"

CChris

Hi, not sure, if this request already exists - I haven't found something through a quick search...

I haven't found any option for playing the whole music library in shuffle mode.
There's only the button "Play all" - but as far as I could see, this will also only play the first album but not all available tracks... or?

And I would like to have something like a "random mix from all my music media"

Edited by CChris

I'm not sure. I only see the Repeat symbol ... but no shuffle buttons while playing in the Web-application

Ok found it - but it's only available on Album Level, right? Not for "all media"

Edit2: The Shuffle-Mode I was requesting is available in the current 4.1.0.10 beta :) as far as I could see

Edit3: The Shuffle-Mode in the current Beta only adds a random album to the playlist, but does not exactly, what I wanted :-(

--> all available tracks should be added to the current playlist in a random order.

Edited by CChris

• 5 months later...
godfuture

I also wanted to randomly add tracks to playlist. Therefore I tried the "quick mix" button at a favorite interpret. Unfortunately, not only tracks from albums of this interpret were added, but also tracks from "more of this" section. I do not understand why these advertised other tracks were added to the playlist, because the "quick mix" button is just under the interpret section next to "play" and "random play".

This was even worse, as the advertised music did not really match the mute I was looking for.

How could I only randomly add tracks from albums of the interpret I have opened?

Many thanks guys!

Edit: I think the best solution would be to use "play all" and activate some "play random" button in music player.

Edited by godfuture

How could I only randomly add tracks from albums of the interpret I have opened?

Hi.  Sounds like play random is what you want.

"Instant Mix" is a feature that creates a random selection of similar items - not of items owned by the parent.  Of course, that logic can only be as good as the data so the more genres you have on your items the better it will be.

• Like 1