broke again

perry59

I'm a long time Emby user, since MediaBrowser version 1, sometimes I question that loyalty.

I often use Vlan to watch movies because I know what I want to see and its just one quick click. I usually fire up emby if I have company and want to show off my cool home theater. But invariably there is often something not working right, usually the actor images, and so it is again.

Started up emby and no actor images, some movies did not even have the empty image icon as if there were no actors defined in the metadata, but there is.

Why does this break so often???

So I fooled around with the metadata path. Previously it was set to "D:\Pictures" because the actor images reside in "D:\Pictures\metadata\People"

tried "D:\Pictures\metadata", didn't work.

tried "D:\Pictures\metadata\People", didn't work

tried just clearing out the path altogether, didn't work

and yes, I did a refresh on both people and libraries.

What is it supposed to be now? why does it keep changing? getting tired of having to fix this every time I want to use it.

I invested a LOT of time getting my images and other metadata just right.

I even re-installed emby after seeing this...

post-190-0-03490200-1551292701_thumb.png

this location does not exist on my computer anymore, but was still being remembered.

Re installing did NOT help, actor images still don't display!

Hi, do you have internet metadata features enabled for your libraries?

If yes then just refresh the metadata of the media, because that's when actor images are fetched.

Happy2Play

You mentioned reinstall.  Depending on if you created a new database of not. \people folder is currently no longer used.  If original database still exists, existing images entries should be used.

follow here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63331-how-to-backup-people-images-with-beta-going-onwards

Edited by Happy2Play

Hi, do you have internet metadata features enabled for your libraries?

If yes then just refresh the metadata of the media, because that's when actor images are fetched.

No offense, but I disable all downloading via emby, I still use metabrowser for all that. I like the control it gives me

You mentioned reinstall.  Depending on if you created a new database of not. \people folder is currently no longer used.  If original database still exists, existing images entries should be used.

follow here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/63331-how-to-backup-people-images-with-beta-going-onwards

that thread seemed to go a little off topic, but

it still seems that the people folder I have been maintaining for years is no longer being used. I don't understand the reasoning for this, all that work for nothing?

I might as well switch to plex!

very disappointed.

There is an open issue with the people folder that we are looking into. So that will be getting restored. I apologize for the disruption.

In the meantime you could use internet metadata to fetch new people images.

There is an open issue with the people folder that we are looking into. So that will be getting restored. I apologize for the disruption.

In the meantime you could use internet metadata to fetch new people images.

If my people folder comes back to life then I'll just bide my time, will there be an announcement? I'll keep watch here.

Thanks!

follow here

By the way, how do you know if a new database is created? when I uninstalled emby I told it to wipe everything.

is this an sql database one could tinker with? not that I am suggesting that ;)

Happy2Play

By the way, how do you know if a new database is created? when I uninstalled emby I told it to wipe everything.

is this an sql database one could tinker with? not that I am suggesting that ;)

If you wiped  everything you are on a new database (library.db) that does not point to \people currently.  With Emby shutdown you can open the database in any editor.  I always make a copy before making changes.

Edited by Happy2Play

It's not so much that it's going to come back, but if you have another tool populating it, then we can support reading images from it.