Active devices showing in one tile in dashboard.

lightsout

lightsout

I assume this is on purpose? But seems like it is different than it used to be.

When doing testing for the capabilities of my server. I will open a bunch of windows of Emby in Chrome to play multiple streams. 

Emby treats these as one device and stacks them on top of each other. It then just rotates through each stream briefly so that 

you have to watch them circulate.

Is there any way to have them as separate tiles?

The picture below is with two streams running.

post-4065-0-08314500-1551291747_thumb.png

mastrmind11

I assume this is on purpose? But seems like it is different than it used to be.

When doing testing for the capabilities of my server. I will open a bunch of windows of Emby in Chrome to play multiple streams. 

Emby treats these as one device and stacks them on top of each other. It then just rotates through each stream briefly so that 

you have to watch them circulate.

Is there any way to have them as separate tiles?

The picture below is with two streams running.

I don't believe that is expected behavior.  Mine are all separate tiles.

lightsout

I don't believe that is expected behavior.  Mine are all separate tiles.

Even if its just multiple tabs from the same browser?

Happy2Play

To me I would expect this as it is the same browser id so multiple tabs would be grouped.  But never tested this before.  Opening multiple tabs in Edge, Firefox or Chrome shows those browser tabs grouped into one active device per browser.

When it flashes it means you have more than one session going. Most apps cannot have multiple sessions in progress (without it being a bug aka ffmpeg doesn't die, etc). A few can. For picture-in-picture you most definitely have to. Since you do it all on the same web browser just in different tabs Emby has really no way to tell them apart. They send the same user agent, the same other info, the same everything. There is probably some lingering detail that could potentially tell them apart. But in reality what you have is multiple sessions running on one device and that is the expected behavior. 

Edited by speechles

lightsout

When it flashes it means you have more than one session going. Most apps cannot have multiple sessions in progress (without it being a bug aka ffmpeg doesn't die, etc). A few can. For picture-in-picture you most definitely have to. Since you do it all on the same web browser just in different tabs Emby has really no way to tell them apart. They send the same user agent, the same other info, the same everything. There is probably some lingering detail that could potentially tell them apart. But in reality what you have is multiple sessions running on one device and that is the expected behavior. 

Yeah I get all that, it just is a bit of a pain when testing, and if I am not mistaken was not the behavior in the past. But oh well, they do rotate so you get a chance to see what all are doing.

Each device only gets one spot, so for now at least, this is expected behavior. It should probably be changed though.

lightsout

Each device only gets one spot, so for now at least, this is expected behavior. It should probably be changed though.

If it's working correctly then I'm cool with it. Thanks Luke.