Emby FireStick some episodes not displaying "End Time", can't scan, and cut out at 1/2 episode (Baconfeet service)

dmwilliamson
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

dmwilliamson

Using the Emby App on my FireTV stick with the Baconfeet servers. For a month or two now, there are a few episodes which do not calculate an "End Time" in the season listings (pic 1)5c759a24e0f0c_NoEndTime.png.

For each of these episodes, I'm unable to scan during the episode, and at exactly 1/2 way through the play, the episode ends and skips ahead to the next episode. All episodes displaying the appropriate End time play fine. This was initially a problem on both the Fire Stick emby apps, and through web app via app.emby.media. I contacted Baconfeet CS and was told they reverted back a version of emby and were able to play the episode. I confirmed that through the app.emby.media login, I could then play the episode as well. But it still will not work within the FireTVStick app. Baconfeet CS then recommended I post here.

I have opted into the Amazon Beta test app, downloaded and installed, with no resolution. I'm not sure what info, server side, would be of could help in pinpointing the issue. Anything client side I can do?

• Solution

Hi.  This would be an issue with the server or media.  If we don't have accurate media information (indicated by a lack of a runtime) then not all apps will be able to properly play back or seek items.

This needs to be addressed by having the server (baconfeet) refresh the media and diagnose why it cannot be properly probed for the proper information.

Thanks.