App consumes a lot of battery in background

lejared

lejared

The Emby app consumes a lot of battery power when running in the background while playing a movie over DLNA on my TV.

Since I've got a Samsung 2017 Tizen TV in Europe and there is no native app, I use my iPad Air to browse my libraries and then show the movies on the TV via DLNA, which btw works quite comfortably!

When I've done so I just turn off the iPad and put it away. Right after the movies was over i noticed that the battery dropped from almost 100% some 40% down to 21% in just 2,5 hours. Please see the screenshot of the iPad attached. The iPad was turned off (standby) all the time while I watched the movie.

Technical Info:

iPad Air (1st Generation), iOS 12.1.4, Emby App 1.7.4

Emby Server 4.0.2.0 on Windows 7 64 Bit

Samsung TV MU8009

Edit:

As I notice just now on my own screenshot the iPad was obviously not fully charged when I started the movie.

I'll watch an try this again with a fully charged iPad and no other apps running in the Background in the next days.

post-326980-0-43370000-1551207394_thumb.jpg

Edited by lejared

Hi yes there's room for improvement here. It's constantly getting playback updates from the server on the device you're controlling. It's something that can be improved in the future. thanks.